Chapter 25- A Quick Stop

"Okay, no more driving for today. We're gonna stop in this motel," he said as he drove onto the exit.

"Alright," I said, quietly. He refused to answer my questions. I wanted to know why he fakes his suicide. I wanted to know why I was lied to, and I think I have a right to know.

"Stay here, I'll get us checked in. Okay, Love?" he asked. I don't know if it bothers me that he still treats me like nothing happened. After all these years of being gone, and then he just shows up one day? That's not normal. I'm starting to think I don't know who he is anymore.

"Okay," I said, as he parked the car and got out. I looked in the rearview mirror, and when he walked in the front doors, I got out of the car.

I ran. I didn't know where, but I wasn't going to stay with him. I didn't know what he was going to do to me. Why he still wants me around.

I got to a Phillips 66, and went to the desk.

"Excuse me, do you have a phone I can use?" I asked, trying to catch my breath.

"There's a payphone outside," they said, not looking very enthusiastic.

"I don't have any money," I said.

They shrugged, not caring at all.

"I have to call Michael," I thought. I put my hood on and zipped up my jacket, and jogged further away from Calum.

I stopped in a Wal-Mart and went straight to Customer Service.

"Excuse me, do you have a phone I can use?" I asked.

"Yes, if you go to the front entrance, there will be a landline that's available," they said.

"Okay, thank you," I said, and fast walked to the entrance.

I dialed Michael's number and held the phone up to my ear, mumbling, "pick up, pick up," to myself.

Straight to voicemail.

"Mikey, it's Y/N, umm... I don't know how to explain this, but I don't know where I am and I'm with Calum. Yes, Calum. I don't have my phone and you can't call this one back. Michael, I don't kno-" and then the machine cut off.

"What the hell?" I heard a familiar voice ask. I turned around, and put the phone down.

"Let's go," he said, demandingly.

He practically dragged me back into the car.

"What the hell were you doing? Why didn't you stay there? I told you to st-"

"I think I deserve to know why you took me. Calum, I've missed you, I really have, but I have a life too. You can't just take me away from my life and bring me to Canada thinking everything will be like you never left. Calum, you left. And you won't answer my questions on why you left me, I think I deserve to know. I don't even think I know you anymore."

"I'll explain back at the motel," he said, starting the car.

"Cal-"

"At. The. Motel."