Chapter 1- Living With A Tragedy

Since then, I moved to America. I'm 18 now, a few weeks away from 19, living alone in a small apartment. Surprisingly, I got into my dream college and am studying to be a(n) ______.

My closest friends, Ashton, Luke, and Michael, have been really supportive and kept me motivated. Honestly, they're the real reason I got here. They've helped me get through everything with Calum and all the stress that comes with my family and high school.

My parents got a divorce a few months after Calum passed away, sending me to my weakest point of my life so far. I became depressed for a long period of time, but the guys helped me get through it.

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Hey guys," I said, letting them in.

"Hey, wanna grab some pizza?" Michael asked excitedly.

"Definitely, let's go," I said as I grabbed my phone, wallet, and keys.

We all got in the car and in half an hour, we were at the pizza place. We sat in a booth and awhile later, we were shoving slices of pizza in our mouths.

"How are your studies going?" Ash asked me.

"Pretty good. It's a little stressful, but I guess that's the way it's supposed to be," I said as I took a sip of my soda.

"Have you had any dreams about him lately?" Luke asked, referring to Calum. I've been having dreams about him about once every month- sometimes every week- since he passed. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy, but he just appears out of nowhere sometimes, and when I think it's real, I wake up.

"Yeah, I had this one last week. I was sitting in a field and he just came flying up to me. He offered to take me somewhere, I agreed, and when I was about to reach for his hand, I woke up," I explained.

"You really liked him, didn't you?" Ash asked.

"Yeah... I loved him and he loved me too."