Chapter 39- His Decision

Calum's P.O.V.

"No... I- I can't do that right now," Y/N said, getting off the couch and into the bedroom.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked him.

"Why'd you have to come back?!" he raised his voice.

"I had to. I had to explain to Y/N and apologize."

"Well you apologized so you can get out of her life now," he said with his voice raised, getting up off the couch and coming closer to me.

"Maybe. I. Don't. Want. To," I said, getting closer to him.

"She's mine. Get used to it," Michael spat.

"It's her choice," I said, "and if I were you, I wouldn't be too confident."

"What the fuck does that mean," he asked, but it came out as more of a statement.

"It means she wants me as much as she wants you. And inside, I know that kills you. Because you know that I could very well be her first choice, and she won't want you anymore. You have to trick yourself into saying that she's yours, but you damn well know that that could all change."

"Fuck you. You don't know me, and you don't know her. I know she's mine, and I know she'll never choose you over me. Besides, I'm not the one who left her," he said. His eyes were filled with anger, and I could tell he was furious. But I didn't care. I didn't care how much it took to fight for Y/N, I just knew I was gonna do it.

"You think I don't know her after everything she told me? Everything we shared? I'm still alive today because of her. And for the record, I've known her longer than you have. If I have to fight you, then that's exactly what I'll do."

"You should have never come back. You should have jumped off the fucking bridge and nev-"

"Michael!" Y/N said loudly. We all looked over at her.

"I didn't mean for you to hear that, kitten," Michael said, walking up to Y/N.

"I should hope so. Michael, you can't tell someone to kill themselves, that's crossing a line, and you should know that," she said.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. I was... I was angry," he said, reaching for her hands, but she pulled away.

"That's my girl," I thought.

"Please, Y/N. I'm sorry, I really am. It just slipped out," he said.

"You were my best friend, and you knew how sensitive I was to that topic. How could you be so thoughtless and tell someone to kill themselves just because you were mad?" she asked.

"I thought he was going to take you away from me, and I couldn't risk that," he said.

"Michael. I honestly didn't know what I was going to do, but I think you chose for yourself and I."