Chapter 36- Sunsets, Fields, and an Air Mattress

After we watched the sunset over the ocean, we got in the car and started to drive.

"Where to now? Home?" I asked.

"One last stop," he said.

~~~

After about thirty minutes, he got out of the car. I followed him.

"A... field?" I asked.

"This is where I came to clear my mind, sometimes sleep," he said. He opened the trunk and slid out an air mattress.

"I can't believe I didn't see that," I thought. He got the blanket he bought at the mall and laid it over the mattress. Then, got a cooler and sat down.

"Join me?" he asked with a sweet smile.

"Of course," I said, and sat down. He opened the cooler and pulled out two sandwiches and two cans of soda.

"For my lady," he said, handing me a sandwich and a soda.

"Thank you, sir," I said, taking them from his hands.

"What was your favorite part of today?" he asked, taking a bite of his sandwich and opened the can of soda. I did the same.

"All of it. What about you?"

"Same here, but I liked the kiss," he said.

"Me too," I said, smiling. I laid down, and he laid down beside me.

"The stars are really pretty," he said.

"They really are," I said.

And it was perfect. The whole day was. The sky was clear, and the stars were twinkling. Brighter than the city lights, and more peaceful.

"You're my favorite person, Y/N."

"You are too, Cal," I said.

We finished our sandwiches and looked at the stars for hours. It was amazing. And I'm glad Calum was Calum again. That special person I used to Skype every night was laying right next to me.

He got up, and I watched him open the car door. He grabbed something, and then closed the door again.

"What are you doing?" I asked, standing up and walking towards him.

"Nothing..." he said.

Then I felt water shoot on my stomach.

"Calum!" I yelled, looking at him with a water gun in his hands.

"I have one for you," he said, revealing another water gun in his other hand. I started walking towards him.

"But... you have to earn it," he said.

"Wh-"

"Kiss," he said. I walked up to him, and wrapped my arms around his neck. I stood on my toes and he started to lean in.

I grabbed the squirt gun out of his hand and shot him in the stomach.

"Love you, Cal," I said, and ran.

"Oh, you're paying for that one," he said, running after me. I felt water on my heel, and I ran faster.

"But you can't run from me, Love," he said, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. He shot me in the neck and I felt the cold water go down down my shirt. He kissed my cheek and ran.

I ran after him, and shot him in the back. He turned around, but I didn't run. I started shooting him with the water, but then I ran out.

"Aw, my babe ran out of water?" he asked. I ran. He started shooting me from behind, then I didn't feel anything. I walked back to the cooler and grabbed a bottle of water to refill the water gun. Then I felt water shoot on my back.

I loosened the water bottle cap and walked up to Calum.

"Aw, babe ran out of water?" I asked.

He pouted and nodded his head, yes.

"Well, I didn't," I said, and poured all the water on Calum.

"Now I did," I said.

"Well then you deserve a hug," he said.

I ran, but of course, he caught up with me, and tackled me to the ground.

"You owe me a kiss," he said. His arms on both sides of me, trapping me underneath him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he kissed me.

~~~

We pulled into the driveway, and got out of the car. We were about to walk into the house when we heard a car honk. We turned around to see a familiar SUV. The headlights, blinding me.

"C'mon, I'll deal with whatever this is," Calum said, putting the bag with our clothes and the blanket on the ground with the cooler.

"Cal, I know them. I'm coming with you."