Chapter 2- Starbucks

As I laid down, I closed my eyes. When I opened them, I felt as if I transported into a different place. I looked around, seeing a room I haven't seen in years.

"Calum?" I thought.

He appeared next to the bed I was laying in, his bed.

"You've been sleeping for years, just like you," he said with a slight chuckle.

"For years?" I looked up at him in confusion.

"Since 2012, my love. I bet you're hungry?" he asked with a voice I hadn't heard for awhile, but it was slightly off.

"Starving," I said.

"Let's go downstairs and get some pancakes, shall we?" he asked, holding out his hand.

And then I woke up. I looked around the room, sunlight pouring through the windows. I was in my apartment, nothing out of the ordinary. I rubbed my eyes and got up, yawning. I looked at the clock, 9:48. I had enough time to get ready for class at ten.

~~~

"Thank you," I said to the customer with a smile. I was at work now, barista at Starbucks, if you were wondering.

A hooded guy wearing sunglasses walked in and I walked back to the cash register.

"Hi, what can I get you?" I asked. He took his hood down, revealing his curly, dark brown hair.

"Can I get an iced coffee with soy?" he asked with a familiar voice.

"Sure... that would be $2.75," I said, accidentally dragging out, "sure" for a little too long.

"You can swipe whenever you're ready," I said.

"Oh no, I'm paying with cash," he said handing me three one-dollar bills. His voice sounded so familiar.

"Thanks, 25 cents is your change. What's the name?" I asked.

"Uhh- Cameron," he stuttered.

"Alright, thank you, Cameron," I said, smiling up at him. He returned the smile and walked away, sitting at a table.

I took the next customer's order, but kept looking over at the all too familiar, six foot boy sitting at the table. He was also staring at me, which made me a little bit uncomfortable and a bit self-conscious.

I saw him get his drink and leave, giving me one final glance as he walked toward his car.

I'm not trying to sound crazy, but I think it maybe, might have a slight chance of it being Calum.