Chapter 15- Things Unsaid

It's been a week, and nothing. Michael hasn't come home, and I haven't heard anything from Cameron. Luke never responded to my text and Ashton never called or texted saying he saw Michael.

"Goddamnit, where could they be?" I thought.

My phone buzzed, it was Ashton.

Rainbow Ash: Can you come by Luke's place?

: Omw.

I got into the car and drove to Luke's, not knowing what to expect. I knocked on the door and Ashton opened it.

"He's here. He's been here for the whole week," Ashton said as he led me upstairs to the guest bedroom.

"Did you just now know?" I asked.

He didn't answer, "here he is," he said, opening the door to the room. It revealed a tired looking Michael and a comforting Luke.

"What's... going... on?" I asked, confused.

"I think we should let them talk," Ashton said, looking at Luke. Luke nodded his head and they both walked out of the room, closing the door behind them.

"Mikey?" I said, but came out as more of a question. I practically ran over to him and hugged him tightly.

He sniffed, and when I sat up, I could see his eyes were puffy and red and there were dried tears on his cheeks.

"Mikey, you're not okay. What happened?" I asked.

"I can't say it," he said.

"Mikey, we've been best friends for years, there's nothing you can't tell me," I said, hugging him on the bed.

"Yeah, that's why I can't say it," he said.

"Why? Mikey, it's okay, nothing's going to get ruined or-"

"Yes, things will get ruined. Y/N, I just don't think you would understand," he said.

"Michael. C'mon, when can you not come to me for anything. I haven't seen you in weeks, I've left multiple phone calls and texts. I've asked Luke and Ashton where you were, but no one would answer. Mikey, please... nothing will change," I said.

"I- I love you."