Chapter 9- Movie Credits

Michael's arms were wrapped around me, and the credits were rolling on the TV. I reached for my phone on the coffee table and saw I had received a text from an unknown number.

Unknown: Hi, this is Cameron. It was nice to see you again, maybe we could do something whenever you're available?

I responded to him.

: Yeah, that was fun. How about dinner today or tomorrow?

"Shit," I muttered to myself. I slept through my alarm, I was late for work.

"Mikey, I gotta go. I love you," I said, kissing him on the forehead.

"Stay," he sleepily muttered to me as he loosely grabbed my wrist.

"I have to go to work, I'm already late. I'll see you tonight though," I said.

"Hmmk, bye kitten," he said. I smiled and got ready in my apartment.

~~~

Work was slow, and even though I was late, I didn't get penalized. My phone buzzed.

Cameron: Today works good, I'll drop by your work if that's okay with you?

: Yeah, definitely.

I put my phone back in my pocket and waited for someone to come in.

A few hours later when my shift was almost over, Michael came in and walked over to the counter.

"Hey, are you doing anything later? I was thinking we could go watch the fireworks at the pier," he said with excitement.

"No, I can't tonight. Cameron's taking me out to dinner. I'm sorry, maybe another day?" I asked.

His smile faded a little and I felt a little bad, "yeah, another day," he said, trying to sound optimistic. Cameron came in.

"Hey, oh sorry, am I interrupting something?" he asked, looking at Michael and I.

"Oh, no," Michael said, "are you Cameron?"

"Yeah, and you are...?"

"Michael," he replied.

"Nice to meet you," Cameron said with a smile. He wore a long sleeved shirt and his sunglasses he never took off.

"I'll clock myself out and I'll be ready to go," I said, taking off my apron and heading back into the break room.

I came back out and the guys were talking.

"Ready?" Cameron asked.

"Yep," I said.

The three of us walked out of the shop and headed to our cars.

"A little dark to be wearing sunglasses," Michael said to Cameron.

"Ehh," is all he said.

Michael walked closer to me and whispered in my ear, "suspicious."

"So I'll see you later?" I asked Michael.

"Yeah, definitely. It was nice to meet you, Cameron," he said.

"Yeah, you too," he said. Michael got in his car, and Cameron and I got into his.

"So where are we gonna go?" I asked.

"You'll see."