Chapter 42: Learn to trust to learn the truth

Nathan's POV

I am beginning to feel very worried about Marcella. She hasn't been answering her calls or texts. I'm just going to check on her at her house. I mean she is my girlfriend. I arrived and James answered the door.

"Hey James is Marcella home?"

"I think so but shouldn't you know where she is since you're her boyfriend?"

"Well she hasn't been answering her calls or texts I don't know why so I came to check on her."

"Well I don't even think I have seen or heard her come out of her room but go up please."

I nodded my head and walked up the stairs to her room. I bump into Beau and Jai on the way.

"Nathan." They say in unison.

"What's up mate?"Beau asks.

"Is Marcella in her room?"

"I think so." Jai said.

I nodded walked past them. I opened her door and she's sitting on her bed blasting some depressing music and reading. I watched as she looked up when I opened the door.

"Hey babe what are you doing here?" She asks.

"Are you okay? Apparently you haven't came out of your room all day and you haven't been answering your phone."

"About that Nath... I just turned my phone off and I just got so caught up in this book that I just haven't gotten up sorry if I worried you."

After she said that she stood up and kissed me. At least I know she is well.

"So love, what book were you reading that you just couldn't put down?"

"The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath."

"Isn't that the poet that committed suicide at like age 30 while her children were still in the house?"

"Yes it is. This is her journal explaining the 30 years that she was alive. The fact was she was only alive but she wasn't living. She was broken since she was like 5 years old and has been depressed. Even with all the success with her writing since she was about 4 years old she still wasn't happy. She has been hurt I mean her dad died when she was very young and her husband cheated on her. Some other stuff occurred too. Her mom signed her up to go to many doctors but nothing worked."

That's what worried me also. Something is just not right. "That sounds depressing don't you think love?"

"I suppose so but she was just such an amazing writer. I'm not much different from her. She has had more tragedy but we both share almost the same amount of pain."  I heard her mumble

"Marcella what are you talking about? You are the most energetic and happiest person ever."

She seemed off but she just gave me a week smile and told me it's nothing that she is just rambling. I went to go find James and ask him if something is up.

"James have you noticed anything wrong with Marcella? She was talking about something having to do with the pain she felt and then I asked her what she was talking about and she just smiled and said it was nothing."

"Oh mate I guess she hasn't told you."

"Told me what?"

"Her depression and anxiety. She refuses to get help. Nothing bad has ever really happened to her to cause it. It just runs in her family because her mom has it so does Andrea also 2 of her dads sibilings have it too."

When he told me that I couldn't think straight. Then I felt tears coming out from my eyes. Did she not trust me to tell me? I mean we haven't been dating for that long.

"Nathan are you okay?"

"How bad is it?"

"Sometimes she stays in her room and doesn't come out blasting sad music or sometimes she drinks. She has a lot of dark nightmares and starts screaming in the middle of the night and Jai and Luke always have to stay in her room a lot. She hasn't had any since she started dating you so I guess that's good. She does stay in her room a lot still though."

I walked away and went back to Marcella's room.

Marcella's POV

I think it is time to tell Nathan about my mental illnesses. I'm quite afraid that he'll leave me though. That he'll think I am crazy. He will realize that he is too good for me and that he could find someone better. As all these thoughts began to cross my mind I felt tears streaming down my face. I heard the door open. Nathan came back. He had left after I began to chatter about the book I was reading saying that he needed to use the restroom.

"Marcella have you been crying?"

"Nath we need to talk."

"About what?"

"I have some issues. After I tell you about these issues I will understand if you want to break up with me."

"I know about your depression and anxiety disorder and I just want you to know that I still love you and that would be terrible of me to break up with you. I wouldn't dream of it."

"I love you some much Nathan. But um-... who told you?"

"Erm-...... James."

"Oh." Was all I could manage to say. I was thinking of saying something else but before I could I felt his lips against mine.

"Marcella I only ask of one thing from you." He whispered as he pulled his lips away. "I only ask that you trust me to be able to come to me and tell me anything without being afraid of what I may or may not do"

I smiled and kissed him. Then I felt hungry.

"Nath I'm hungry."

"Well darling, what should we do about that?"

"Get some Maccas."

"Wow these Aussies have really done something to you."

"Yes they have. Let's go though I want a happy meal!" I yell sounding like a child.  He laughed and carried me all the way to his car. We got our food I opened the box to see I've got a toy. It's a strawberry shortcake toy. It's funny because I'm a 20 year old in a onesie eating from a happy meal and playing with toys. Just then Nathan kept begging me to let him play with my toy. We decided to eat our food and drive to Toys R Us. We purchased about $100 worth of toys. I love being a 5 year old trapped in a 20 year olds body. Nathan is slightly more mature. He is a 7 year old trapped in a 21 year olds body. So basically a preschooler is dating a 1st grader. Cute.