-6-

Sebastian POV-

-flashback: when Finny first discovered him-

"MISTER SEBASTIAN!"

I growled inside my head. Damn. That human really needs to learn to keep his volume level down.

He was staring at me for a good minute, tears in his eyes and his body shaking. What? I didn't look that horrific, did I? I sighed to myself. Why did I choose to have him find me?

The sound of running feet caught my attention, followed by a familiar female voice. "Finny?!"

I watched as Morgan bumped into the Phantomhive gardener and fell onto her rear. A thought suddenly occurred to me.

Damn. This is going to kill her.

"Sebastian..?" She asked, her voice shaky.

Finnian began to cry like the weak and pathetic human he was, as Morgan slowly inched towards me in shock. Her legs wobbled for a moment when she reached my head, and her knees gave out beneath her.

Her icy blue eyes were watery as she leaned over my face.

"Sebastian..?" She asked again. With a shaky hand, she reached out and pressed her index and middle fingers against the major artery in my neck, checking for a pulse. There was never one to begin with.

I paid no attention to the sounds of all the other guests and servants as they ran to the room. My thoughts were all collected on the girl leaning over me. A few tears slipped from her eyes and landed onto my skin.

This scenario between us was playing out almost exactly like the last time I had to fake my death.

I was contracted to Cleopatra of Egypt at the time. Mark Antony had run me through with a spear after mistakenly pinning me as Cleopatra's lover. (I may or may not have been too tempting for her at times, but I was not her lover (just clearing that up for the history books)). Anyway, as I lied on the floor, supposedly dying, the queen had leaned over me and 'cried'. Actually, now that I look at her closely Morgan resembles her slightly... Just tan her pale skin to an olive tone, get rid of the bruises, and add some kohl around her eyes, and the two would look like mother and daughter. (Contrary to popular belief, Cleopatra's eyes were in fact an icy blue.)

"Hey... Sebastian..." She mumbled, pulling me back from my nostalgic thoughts. She cupped my bloodied face with one hand. It felt strange, having warm human flesh gently touch my own cold skin. It was not entirely terrible.

"Who said you could die..?" She whimpered. "You promised to be the godfather to my future kids... So why are you dead..? Hey... Sebastian..!"

A few more tears began to slip out of her eyes, and I watched as she completely lost composure.

"Don't leave me dammit!" She whisper-hissed, shaking me slightly by the collar. Tears were streaming out of her eyes like waterfalls now. "I haven't known you long, but you're the only person I actually like in this fucking hellhole! Don't leave me here to rot!"

She collapsed again onto my chest, and sobbed into my bloodied clothes.

I wanted to pat her on the back, comfort her, do something..! I cared for this human. Not in a romantic way (and I'm sure she felt the same), but there are just some humans I couldn't look down upon. Morgan was one of them, along with Agni. And I guess Nero wasn't so bad, even if he did order me to set fire to Rome...

I sighed inwardly as the young master appeared and began his oh so stellar performance.

I really hated this child...