-32-

Morgan POV-

I've been put on bed rest a-FUCKING-gain!

"I don't wanna be here no moooooooorrrrre!" I whined as Cheslock walked into my room in the infirmary, a tray of sandwiches and other such late lunch items in his hands.

It's been nearly a week since the incident with Cole and I was bored out of my skull!

"Well tough luck, Monkey Man!" My upperclassman growled, setting the tray on my bedside table. "The doctor said you have hairline fractures on your 4th, and 5th left ribs. That means NO moving around until they're better!"

I sighed in exasperation as he sat on the edge of my hospital-like bed, causing the mattress to dip uncomfortably. "I've been through worse! Come on, I survived the Campania sinking for Pete's sake!"

Cheslock stared at me in shock. "You were there too?! I thought it was just Midford and Phantomhive!"

I shook my head, then cringed and shuddered at the memory of all those zombies. "That was a helluva nightmare... I don't even wanna think about it...!"

I shuddered again, but perked up when I heard my goth friend sigh. I looked up at him with a devious grin as a thought came to my head. "Hey, Chessy." I whispered. "Wanna help me sneak outa here?"

He whipped his head down to me in shock, but before he could say anything against it, I slapped a hand over his mouth and grinned impishly. "Say no and I tell everyone you sleep with a stuffed rabbit named Charlie, and that you put him away under your bed before anyone else wakes up so that they don't see him!"

He stiffened, his eyes wide and his face now bleach white. "How do you know about that?!" He hissed, pulling my hand away from his mouth. I shrugged and snickered. "I have my ways! Now, help me get out of here!"

After a moment he sighed defeatedly. "What do I have to do?"

I glanced at the door before looking back up at him. "I need your coat, your eyeliner, aaaaand a few blankets!"

He nodded and handed me the eyeliner before getting up and going to the linen closet to get the blankets. I stood a little painfully and moved to the infirmary room's adjoining restroom to use its mirror.

I put enough of the black makeup onto my lips so I could easily smudge it around to make it look like lipstick. I then outlined my eyes with thick thick lines and faded it slightly under them. And finally, just for the fun of it, I drew cracks on my face that resembled Cheslock's slightly. By the time I was done, I looked like a mix of both Violet and Mohawk.

Satisfied with my work, I stepped out of the restroom and helped my friend to stuff the blankets under the one I had been using to make it look like I was still there.

Once finished with that, Cheslock removed his cloak, then his coat, then put his cloak back on. I tucked my hospital shirt into my pants enough to make it look like a regular shirt before putting on the coat and buttoning it up.

I smiled and nodded to my friend as I finished. "Lets go!"

The trek back to Violet house was painful to say the least, and by the time we made it there, the sun was going down and Cheslock was carrying me on his back.

"Why did I decide to move...?" I groaned as I plopped onto my bed, clutching my torso in pain.

"Because you're the biggest idiot in the world?" My friend put in, resting on his back next to me.

I groaned again and did the same so that we both now stared up at the dark ceiling above my bed. "I have two fractured ribs, Mohawk. I could really do without the snarky comments, thank you very much."