-35-

Morgan POV-

I pulled away from Cheslock's lips just enough so that we could breathe, but our mouths were still brushing against each other.

I felt him smile agains my lips. "What?" I asked with a slight smile pulling at my own lips. "You never smile like that."

He chuckled, and at such close proximity, I felt it reverberate through his chest and into mine. "Does this mean I'm not gay?" He asked with amusement in his voice. My smile widened and I pecked him on the lips once more. "I can assure you 100% that you're not."

I felt his smile widen, and he pressed his lips against mine once more.

"Ehem." A voice cleared their throat from the doorway and we broke the kiss to see who it was that interrupted us.

"Sebastian!" I gasped, the same time Cheslock questioned: "Professor Michaelis?"

"I see you've discovered my niece's secret in the most... Inconvenient of ways." My best friend said, closing the door and walking over to us.

Cheslock looked down at me, then back to Sebastian as he stopped only a few feet away from us. "Niece?" He asked in a very confused voice.

I nodded, catching on to Sebastian's act, and unwrapped my arms from my friend's neck. He took his hands from my body and stepped back as the demon closed the distance between us.

"What are you doing?" He asked with a glare and a disappointed tone of voice. "You know you're supposed to never look like a girl while enrolled. Your late parents, bless their souls, entrusted you to me and I will make sure that you get the absolute best education possible, even if you had to pose as a boy."

I bit my lip and hung my head in pretend shame. "I'm sorry Uncle Sebastian... I just really wanted to come to the festivities..."

My best friend sighed and ran his gloved fingers through his raven hair. "It's fine, but now that someone knows your secret we're going to have to transfer you to a different school. One where I can keep a close eye on you."

I nodded sorrowfully, forcing tears to pool into my eyes as he grabbed my wrist and began to lead me towards the door.

"Wait!" Cheslock called out, running around to stop Sebastian from going any further. "Please, don't take Morgan away! I swear on my life I won't reveal her secret to anyone! Just don't take her!"

Sebastian raised an eyebrow at him, then smirked and turned his head to look down at me. "My my, this young man is quite infatuated with you." He murmured. I felt my cheeks heat up and I punched him in the back slightly.

The demon chuckled and turned back to Cheslock. "Fine. You're a good enough student, Mister Cheslock. I'm entrusting my niece's last chance to you." He let go of my wrist and Cheslock moved to grab my hand in his.

I quickly grabbed my fallen mask and tied it around my face once more before all three of us went inside. Just before we made it into the building, though, I looked back to the field beyond the stone patio we were all just standing on, and noticed the slight shift in the grass that only a garden snake could do.

A pang of guilt stabbed into my heart like a stake in a vampier as thoughts of Snake popped into my head.

'Surrender to sin.' Sebastian's voice rang in my head, like it did during the Phantomhive murders. 'Have them both. I won't tell.'

I smirked at him in a disappointed sort of way. 'The siren's song of sweet poison has led many a troubled sailor to their doom.' I shot back in my head.