-41-

Morgan POV-

I was sitting on my bed, staring at the digital watch on my wrist.

11:45

I sighed and picked absentmindedly at the now blooming flower that was tucked in the breast pocket of my cloak as I stared off into space for a bit. I shifted uncomfortably for about a minute as the loaded gun hidden in my Phantomhive family footman pants dug into the small of my back a bit painfully. I looked down at the watch again.

11:51

The door to my dorm room suddenly creaked open and Cheslock's mohawked head poked into the room, as well as a small lantern. "It's time." He muttered lowly, so as not to wake the others that were still asleep.

My upperclassman led me in silence to the school's chapel, where at the entrance, we were met face to face with Clayton and Ciel.

My master and I both looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Wait..." I began in a confused tone. "I thought only one guest was aloud at this tea party. Why are we both here?"

"We were confused as well." Clayton said stoically. "But it's what the principal wants. Apparently you caught his eye, Quincy, though I don't understand why. You didn't even play."

With that, he and my master turned and moved into the chapel. I started to go in after them, but a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me around a corner of the church instead.

My upperclassman was leaning over me, an almost pained look on his face.

"Chess, what's wrong?" I asked, my breath hitching in my throat just the tiniest bit. I hated to see him like this...

"I don't know..." He mumbled. "I just have a really bad feeling about tonight." His gaze traveled up to meet mine and he rested his hands on my shoulders. "Promise me that you'll let me protect you if anything goes wrong... If anything bad happens..."

My eyes were wide at first, but returned to normal soon after as I casually slid one hand behind my back and crossed my fingers. "I promise."

-/-/-/-/-

"Welcome, Phantomhive. Quincy." Bluer spoke as soon as my master and I stood before the P4.

"To the elegant," Redmond began.

"Traditional," Bluer continued.

"High class," Greenhill added.

"Bizarre," Violet contributed.

"Midnight Tea Party." They all finished together.

The creepy sounds of a church sized organ filled the cathedral and I glanced over to find Cheslock no longer by my side, but playing the large instrument as a door opened up wide beside him. It was pitch black and spilled a weird aura as the prefects led us inside it.

I couldn't see a thing as we were led to wherever this tea party was being held, and I heard and felt my little master trip a few times beside me.

I was about to just pick him up and carry him the rest of the way, when streaks of silver light filled the corridor as we turned a corner, illuminating every crack and bump and making it much easier to walk.

The prefects and their fags led us through the door and out into a beautiful stone walled room that was covered and filled with some of the most beautiful plants and flowers I had ever seen. It had no roof or ceiling, so the enormous crescent moon ginned down at us and bathed the place in silver light. In the center of the orchard-like room stood an elegant table illuminated by decorative lamps, set and ready for a tea party. And at the head of the table sat the man I had tackled not too long ago with Mister Agares standing next to him.