Chapter 2 - Neon Green Hotpants and More Attractive Band Members

My eyes fluttered open as I woke, my phone vibrating on my bedside table telling me I had a text.

It was from Max, telling me the address of the band's first rehearsal, which was today.

I had decided to take up his offer to possibly tour with his band. He'd said that I wasn't guaranteed it yet because they would have to pick between me and some girl-band that their management team had recommended. Apparently, there was only room for two support acts, and they already had their mates 'Lawson' who were definitely going on tour with them. I guess today was sort of an audition between me and this girl-band. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity though so I wasn't going to miss it, even if I didn't get picked..

If I do get picked though, I might never have to work in the chippy again. Although I like Lucy, I don't really want to be working a chip shop for the rest of my life. Even though I don't get paid for doing the tour, I do get food and accommodation, as well as exposure as a singer, so I'm not really complaining. I could always fit in a bit of busking if I get any spare time.

I wasn't sure how Gabby and Chloe would react at first, but, although they were sad to have me leave if I do get picked, they were really happy for me all the same and understood that I couldn't miss this.

I got up and started getting ready, putting on some casual, yet nice looking clothes because I wanted to make a good impression. I did my usual, everyday make up, though added some lipstick to make it look like I had made an effort, and put my contact lenses in.

Grabbing my guitar case, with my guitar inside obviously, and my bag, and set off. The rehearsal was at some dance studio in North London but it was only a tube ride away, and luckily for me, it's only a few minutes walk to the nearest tube station from our flat. The tube freaks me out a bit, but the journey only lasted about ten minutes.

Well, ten minutes too long if you ask me. Just my luck that I was sat next to some middle-aged fat bloke who smelt of sweat and beer.

Lovely.

I jumped off the tube, and ended up wandering around the North London streets for quarter of an hour trying to find this bloody dance studio. I even had to ask for directions off some old man that I think was a bit deaf.

Apparently 'dance studio' sounds incredibly similar to 'cake shop'. Maybe he took one look at me and thought I looked more likely to eat lots of cake rather than do exercise like dancing.

I eventually found the place but once I'd stepped into the studio's entrance, I instantly felt a bit out of place. It was a bit too posh for my liking, with its shiny white floors and potted plants.

Why do you need potted plants in a dance studio anyway? Unless they used them as props...

In the middle of the reception area, there was a big black desk with a rather snooty-looking girl sat behind it, typing something at her computer. I approached her, which, lets just say she didn't look too happy about. Obviously I'd interrupted her doing some very important receptionist stuff like sitting on a computer chair and looking like a snooty bitch. Her name badge said 'Natasha'.

Reminds me of a very similar bitchy girl with a very similar name.

"Yeah?" she snapped, her heavily made up eyes glaring through my skull.

Nothing like service with a smile.

"Erm, I'm here for the band" I said, as she looked me up and down like I was some sort of streetwalker.

"Yeah, that's what they all say, babe" she smirked. I flared my nostrils at her.

Definitely reminds me of Tasha.