Chapter 4 - Karaoke Machines and Jeremy Kyle

The song Sophie sings in this chapter is a short song called Jeremy Kyle by Lucy Spraggan, it's quite a funny song and the video is on the side if you want to have a listen

"Here we are" Jack told me as he pulled up outside Max's apartment block.

Jack had very kindly offered to give me a lift to the lad's flat, otherwise I'd have had to get the tube or a bus late at night, which I really didn't fancy.

"You can come in for a bit, Jack, I'm sure they won't mind" I suggested.

"Nah, it's alright" he shrugged it off, "Gabby's at home waiting for me so..."

"Can't keep her majesty waiting any longer then, can I?" I smirked as I climbed out of the car.

"Well, we don't want to keep her from this hot piece of ass, do we?" he said, gesturing to himself.

"No, course not" I said sarcastically.

"Have fun, and don't get too drunk, I know what you're like with your drink" he joked.

"Yeah, I'm a right alcoholic, I am" I joked back, making him chuckle.

"And give me a ring if you want a lift back"

"Thanks Jack" I smiled, "see you later"

"See you Soph"

I shut the car door and he drove away while I looked up at the a apartment block. It was much, much nicer than our block of flats, but obviously, they're in a boy band. I'm sure they have more money than two uni students and a chip fryer.

I made my way to the door and rang the buzzer. Jay answered it and told me to come up, which I obliged. As I reached the door, I could hear Tom's loud voice shouting and laughing from inside. I knocked loudly and Jay soon answered, beer bottle in hand.

"Hi Sophie" he smiled, pulling me into a quick hug, "you look good, y'alright?"

"Yeah thanks"

"Good, good, come in" he said, gesturing for me to enter. I walked into the flat and Jay took my coat, hanging it up with everyone else's in the hallway.

He led me towards the kitchen and I got a good look at the apartment as I did. It was quite modern looking and much bigger than our flat. I knew Max lived there, but I wasn't sure if any of the other boys did or not, or whether they had their own apartments.

"Those chips were really good, by the way" he told us, "you know. the ones Max and Tom bought us for our dinner"

"Lovingly prepared by Sophie McKinnon" I smiled as we reached the kitchen.

"Sophie's here, guys" Jay announced as we entered the kitchen, where Max, Tom, Nathan and Andy from Lawson were stood chatting. 

"Hey Sophie" Max smiled, being the first to give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. All the other lads followed in suit, obviously apart from Nathan, who just stayed leant against the counter with a beer bottle in hand and a sulky expression on his face. He didn't even make eye contact with me.

"Do you want a drink, Sophie?" Jay asked, grabbing me a bottle, "You're not driving or anything, are you?"

"No, I'll have a beer" I replied.

"Hey, you're eighteen, aren't you, Sophie?" Tom questioned. I nodded.

"When's your birthday?"

"Middle of June" I replied.

"Aw, so you're the youngest out of all of us then" Tom cooed. Everyone (but Nathan) aww'd.

"Yeah but only by, like, two months" I retorted, unhappy about being the baby of the group, yet again.

"Wait" Tom said, scrunching his eyebrows at me, "how do you know that?"

I stared at him blankly. Is he for real?

"Because there's two months between April and June, Tom" I said matter-of-factly.

"No, I know that" he argued, "I mean, how do you know when Nathan's birthday is?"

Oh...

Shit. Only Max must know about me and Nathan then.

And Nathan's in the room, so this is going to be lovely and awkward.

"Are you a secret fan?" Jay teased.

"Yeah, you wish" I muttered, making everyone laugh. Everyone bar Nathan, obviously, who just looked away and didn't make a comment.

A smirk grew across Tom's face as he saw the irritation on Nathan face, "Oh my God, have you two shagged?"

Oh, it was actually more awkward than I'd imagined. I saw Max give me a sympathetic smile from across the room, but it didn't Tom from embarrassing us further.

"Is that why it's really awkward between the two of you?" Tom continued, "because you two had a one night stand"

"Tom" Max interrupted, "do you really think she'd know his birthday if all they'd done is sleep together?"

Tom thought about it for a moment, before a look of realisation spread across his face.

"Ohh..." He breathed, trying not to smirk, "you two were together, like together together"