Chapter 18 - Temporary Tattoos and Sisterly Chats

This was originally supposed to be a filler chapter but turned into like 7000 words. It's quite a nice, happy chapter actually, though not a particularly dramatic one but I really like it all the same.

The song used in this chapter is Sunburn by Ed Sheeran, which is a song I really like and kind of significant in terms of the first story, the Youtube link is on the side

Also there's a little oneshot which was something I originally wrote for the previous chapter but cut it out because it would have been too long and it wasn't really necessary but if you would like to read it the link is http://www.wattpad.com/44410558-we-always-attract-oneshots-sophie%27s-sixteenth?d=ud

It was about an hour before my set and I was chilling in the lads' dressing room because it was better than sitting in mine on my own. I was really excited about tonight though and hope that a visit from a certain lady would cheer me up a little from recent turns of events that were bringing my mood down.

Suddenly a knock at the door caught my attention and Siva who was stood right near the door answered it.

"Sophie!" He called from the door. I leapt up from the couch and bounded over to where he was, seeing my mum in the doorway. I grinned and pulled her into a massive hug.

"Hello love" she said into my hair. I took in her familiar scent of home, feeling a tear rise in my eye. It soon disappeared as I felt a small hand tugging at my dress though. I furrowed my eyebrows and pulled away, smiling as I saw who it was.

"Is that my favourite cousin?" I asked, making Lacey grin and hold her arms out for me. I scooped her up in my arms, holding her close to me. Her little arms clung to me as she buried her face in my neck.

"I gave her Sam's ticket seeing as he couldn't come" my mum said, "you don't mind, do you?"

"Ah well, that depends" I joked, "I only want special people coming to see me on tour"

"Am I special enough?" Lacey asked, looking up at me with puppy dog eyes.

"You're a princess, of course you're special enough" I said, tapping her nose and making her smile, "Er, everyone, this is my mum and Lacey, my little cousin" I announced. Lacey nuzzled her head back into my neck at the attention and everyone aww'd at her. I noticed Max's eyes roaming my mother's body. I glared at him but he just smirked at me.

'What?' he mouthed, trying to seem innocent.

'You know what' I mouthed back, making his smirk bigger.

Jay stood up and pottered over to me.

"Hello Lacey, I'm Jay" he said. She gave him a small smile and a little wave.

"Look Lace, Jay's got curly hair like you" I said, making her giggle.

"Yours is much prettier than mine though, isn't it?" Jay said, tapping her nose and making her grin.

Jay continued talking to Lacey but my attention turned to Max who had stood up and was introducing himself to my mum. I shot him a warning glance as I watched him kiss the back of her hand and start working his charms.

"Stop it" I mouthed sternly to him. I know he saw it because a little smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth but he carried on.

Nathan stood up too and said 'hello' to my mum, which she was delighted with because she could start fussing over him for the first time in two and a half years, so Max gave her a wink and came over to me.

"Nath was right about your mum" he said, that devilish smirk sitting smugly on his lips.

"Don't go near her" I warned, though I knew he wouldn't listen to me.