Chapter 3 - Eavesdropping and Awkward Meetings

The song that Sophie sings in this chapter is an acoustic version of Who You Are by Jessie J, but obviously for the purposes of the story, just pretend it's Sophie's song haha, the link for the acoustic version I imagine her singing is on the side

Also, I've written a little oneshot to go with this chapter from Nathan's POV, the link will be at the bottom if you wanna have a read but please read the chapter first

**************************************

His eyes scanned me from head to toe, and back up to my eyes again.

Shit.

Shit, shit, shit.

Oh god, this is just my luck.

Out of all of the bands in the world, it just had to be Nathan's, didn't it? The boy who used to be my boyfriend, my best friend, my entire fucking world; but also the boy who I let go, whose heart I broke and who absolutely hates me because of that.

And what if I actually do get on tour with them?

Oh fuck. This is the epitome of awkward.

Diamond Hearts finished their song, and got a round of applause from their audience, breaking mine and Nathan's eye contact.

Dave began to speak after the applause had died down, thankfully distracting me momentarily from the big fucking bombshell that had dropped on me as soon as he walked into the room.

"So girls" Dave began, "why should we pick you to tour with The wanted?"

"Well" the blonde one began, "performing has been our biggest dream since we were little girls and we just want an opportunity to pursue that dream and showcase our talents to the world"

Talk about fucking cheesy...

I rolled my eyes at them before I could even stop myself, and I think Max noticed because I heard him stifle a laugh.

But come on, 'showcase our talents to the world', I mean, what a load of bullshit. I'm pretty sure they'd rehearsed that before they came.

"Okay" Dave said, turning to me "You ready Sophie?"

"You'll smash it" Max said, squeezing my shoulder as I stood up.

You'll smash it?...

My heart dropped at the realisation of why those words sounded familiar, thinking back to that night when I was fifteen, just before I sang on a stage for the first time ever.

Nathan just looked at me for a few long seconds, his clear green eyes boring into my blue ones, before he completely shocked me by dipping his head down and gently pressing his soft lips against mine.

Well, this is an unexpected turn of events.

His lips started to massage mine and after the initial shock, my eyelids fluttered shut and I began to kiss him back. This kiss was better than the one at his party; it didn't seem as forced.

Then, all too suddenly, his lips left mine.

Oh, it was our cue to go on stage.

"You'll smash it" He whispered before walking onto the stage.

He'd also said it a couple more times after that, if I remember rightly, all before I was about to go and perform. Those words seemed to give me a bit of strength when he knew I was completely freaking out inside.

It's quite ironic that right now, as those words are said, he's mainly the reason I'm freaking out inside.

I shook the thoughts out of my head as I made my way over to the middle of the dance studio with my guitar. I took a deep breath and tried to forget the fact that my ex-boyfriend, who I haven't spoken to for over two years because he despises me, was sitting just a few metres away, watching, scratch that, glaring at me.