Chapter 8 - Overly Fancy Restaurants and Not So Hot Dates

I had a lot of fun writing this chapter and I think the second of half it particularly is quite funny so I hope you guys enjoy it :)

"Have you watched the flip, Sophie?" Jay asked me as we sat in rehearsals. Lawson were practising their set, Tom and Max were in the corner messing about, Nathan was sat at the opposite side of the room as far away from me as possible, messing about on his phone, and I was sat with Jiva, as they liked to be known.

"No" I said truthfully.

"I put it on YouTube this morning, well, we put one on every Wednesday" he explained, "but you're in it this week"

"Oh Christ, I don't wanna watch it then" I said, pulling my face at the thought.

"Aw no, please watch it" he pleaded.

"No, I can't stand watching myself on videos"

"Please Sophie, I'll love you forever"

"No"

"Well, I'm gonna make you watch it anyway" he said, pulling his phone out and going onto the YouTube app. I sighed as he thrusted the phone in my face and reluctantly took it from him. I pulled my headphones out of my bag and pulled them over my head, plugging them into his phone and pressing play.

It started with a clip of Jay and Max messing about in rehearsals, which made me chuckle, before it moved onto a part I recognised from last week.

"We are currently at rehearsals for The Wanted Arena Tour" Jay says to the camera "so the Lawson guys are over there having a sing song" the camera moves round to show Lawson practising, "they're sounding pretty good, unlike Tom, who's extremely hungover" he moves the camera towards Tom's hungover face.

"Mate, my head feels like that drum" Tom croaks, pointing to where Adam is banging away on his drum kit. Jay laughs loudly.

"I think me and Tom overdid it on the drinks last night, surprise, surprise" Jay says to the camera, before moving to show me sat on the floor next to Max "and over here, we've got Sophie, who is our other support act, so I'll put her twitter name up here" my twitter name appears on the screen, "and poor Sophie had to put up with a hammered me and Tom last night" he pushed the camera in my face, "I'm surprised we didn't scare you off last night"

"Well, you were close" I joke, "you did call me a slut so.."

"I called you a slut?!" Jay exclaims, "oh my god, I'm so sorry"

"You were joking" I assure him, "it's fine"

"Why did I call you a slut?"

"Well, I told you I had eight boyfriends and I think you actually believed me" I chuckle and Max laughs too.

Jesus Christ, do I really talk that northern? I thought as I watched myself talking. I'd never noticed it myself but blimey, no wonder people take the piss out of my accent.

Jay, Max and I carry on talking for a bit, Max explaining about the flips and then Jay accidently throws the camera and suddenly, the camera goes all funny. Then the screen goes black and a message pops up saying 'This is where Jay nearly broke the flip so we'll cut to a clip of Sophie singing a song about Jeremy Kyle'.

Then the video went to the clip of me singing my song about Jeremy Kyle. I cringed a little watching myself sing and then doing the bit where I start impersonating a person from Jeremy Kyle.

Eventually, the clip ends and cuts to Jay smiling at the cameras and I notice a familiar wall in the background.

"So, me and the lads have invited ourselves into Sophie's flat" Jays says to the camera, "and now she's gone for a shower and left the five of us alone in her flat"