Chapter 6 - Naive Flatmates and Celebrity Tweets

The next chapter, as promised, enjoy...

Waking up the next morning, I wondered why my bed didn't feel as comfy as normal.

Then, I realised I was on the sofa and groaned, remembering my brother was here. I started to regret letting him have my bed, because I knew I'd have to sleep on the sofa again that night too and by Sunday, I was probably going to have developed some back problems. That boy doesn't realise the lengths I have to go to for him.

I sat up, then changed my mind and snuggled back into the blanket again. I didn't have rehearsals at the weekend so there was no need for me to get up early.

Instead, I stuck an arm from under the blanket and grabbed my glasses from off the coffee table, sliding them on my nose. Then, I picked up the remote and switched the telly on, flicking through the channels, ending up on 4music. It was the only decent channel I could find.

I instantly recognised the song from rehearsals.

Glad You Came, by The Wanted of course. Despite the fact my ex sings in it, I really liked the song.

At first, I smiled, seeing Max and Tom having the time of their life in Ibiza, partying and whatever.

But then a scene came on where Nathan's all over some really pretty blonde girl and I'm not gonna lie, my heart dropped a little.

Then I had to remind myself that we weren't in a relationship and hadn't been for over two years.

It still hurt though.

Maybe that's how Nathan felt when he saw Scott kissing me that night.

I quickly turned the telly off and chucked the remote back on the coffee table.

I'm over him.

Or I thought I was.

I think seeing him again just reminded me how much I miss us being together, how much I miss him as a person, how much I love him-

No, loved.

As in past tense, Sophie, in the past.

I wasn't sure how I was actually going to manage the next couple of months without falling for him again. I knew I would if I wasn't careful, and the fact that there was no chance of him falling for me again just made it all the more tempting.

Actually, it just plain pissed me off.

Not at Nathan, at myself, because it isn't his fault that he hates me, it's my own for not telling him what actually happened.

And there had been countless occasions over the past two years where I'd thought what if? What if I had have told him that night?

Would he have gone to London at all? Would he blame me for it? Would he have stayed in a relationship with me? Would we still be together now?

But I didn't tell him, did I? And I did it with what I thought was good reason.

And I couldn't tell him now, could I? I can't just turn up out of the blue and say 'Oh guess what Nath? Do you remember when you thought I cheated on you, and I didn't deny it? Well, I kind of lied...'

It'd sound like I'd just made up an excuse so he didn't hate me anymore. He'd probably think I was pathetic. He probably already does.

The sound of someone entering the living room distracted me from my overthinking. I turned my head to see my brother walking in, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, just wearing a pair of boxers. I scrunched my face up in disgust and he stumbled over to the sofa, sitting on my legs.