Chapter 7 - Rude Awakenings and Broken Guitar Strings

I actually really like this chapter, I'm pretty proud of it and I promised that Nathan would be in this chapter more so...

Waking up on a Monday morning isn't the most pleasant experience in the world anyway.

It's even more unpleasant when you are woken up by the sound of some impatient person persistently pressing the buzzer to my flat.

How inconsiderate of them?

I snuggled back into my duvet, waiting for one of my flat mates to answer it, which they didn't. I looked up at the clock on my wall to see Gabby and Chloe had most likely already gone to uni by now.

Curse them and their education.

I forced myself to sit up in bed, getting a massive head rush as I did so. I groaned loudly as the buzzing continued and a few moments later, when my head felt alright again, I clambered out of the warm duvet and grabbed my glasses from next to my bed, pushing them up my nose as I stumbled out of the bedroom.

I plodded through to where the answer machine thing was and pressed the button.

"Who is it?" I said groggily into the speaker grill.

"Christ, it took you long enough" I heard a familiar Manchester accent chortle down the speaker.

"I was asleep" I said truthfully, rubbing the sleep from the corners of my eyes.

"You gonna let us us in or what?" Max asked.

I presumed that when he said 'us', he meant the rest of 'The Wanted'.

Feeling too tired to argue, I pressed the button that opened the main door downstairs, letting them into the building.

That gives me about one minute to make myself and the flat look presentable.

That's probably not gonna happen.

To be fair, the flat isn't as untidy as it could have been.

Shame that the same can't be said for me, I thought, as I looked into the mirror that is hung up in the hallway.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the buzzer going off again.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I went to answer it again, wondering who the hell it was this time.

"Yeah?" I asked down the grill.

"Soph?"

My heart genuinely stopped for a second at the sound of the deep voice at the other end of the line.

The deep voice I would recognise anywhere.

And if I didn't recognise the voice, the fact he just addressed me as 'Soph' would have given it away. None of the other lads had gotten to know me well enough to call me that yet.

"Can you let me in?" Nathan continued, "the lads have locked me out"

I just pressed the button rather than verbally answering him, mainly because I don't know what would have come out of my mouth if I did.

That was the first time he had actually spoken to me since I'd first met all the boys last week.

In fact, it's the first time he'd spoken to me in two and a half years.

I blew out the breath I'd been holding and looked into the mirror again. Judging by my reflection, it was pretty obvious that I hadn't woken up that long ago; my hair was messy, my natural waves were starting to return from where I'd straightened them out yesterday and I was only wearing a pair of checked pyjama shorts, along with the old Arctic Monkeys t-shirt that I normally wear to bed.