Chapter 13 - Drinking Games and Nasty Orange Witches

Thanks you guys for all the comments and votes on the last chapter, I know I don't always get chance to reply to everyone's comments but I always read them and always appreciate them so thank you so much :D

This is another pretty long chapter because it's really two chapters but I put them into one for you guys

The song Sophie mentions in this chapter is 18 Candles by Nina Nesbitt, a song which I love. Sophie doesn't actually sing it in this chapter but she will do in later chapters so I've put the video on the side if anyone wants to listen to it beforehand, it's a great song :)

"Y'alright Soph?" Jay said as I plonked myself down next to him on the wooden floor.

"Yeah" I sighed, "I'm hoping we won't have any arguments or asthma attacks today"

Jay chuckled, "yeah, me too"

Today was Friday, which meant I had the whole day at rehearsals because I didn't have a shift at the chippy. The tour was only days away now so we all needed to rehearse as much as possible. I actually hadn't even sorted out my setlist properly yet. I was singing Who You Are, the one I'd sung at the audition to get on the tour; Someone, the song Jay had videoed me singing the other day and uploaded on Youtube for me; and Use Somebody, the Kings of Leon cover I'd done for Scooter in the recording studio. Everyone knows and likes that song so I thought it was good choice to sing it at the tour.

"What other song do you think you're gonna have on your setlist, Sophie?" Jay asked, as though he was reading my mind.

"I have no clue" I sighed, "I've got loads of songs and I can't even decide on one"

"Is there any songs in particular that you like performing?" He suggested, "or one that you would want on the radio one day?"

"I dunno" I groaned, feeling like my head was gonna explode as I thought about all the songs I could possibly sing. There was just too many that I'd like to do and I couldn't narrow it down.

"What about if we leave it to fate?" he suggested.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering where he was going with this.

"We should open your notebook on a random page and whatever page it lands on, you sing that song" he explained.

"I don't know, what if it lands on a really crap song I wrote when I was like, a bit drunk or on my period or something"

"Why would being on your period affect your song writing?" he chuckled.

"Because I get really emotional when I'm on my period" I said matter-of-factly, "I have craploads of songs, Jay, but they're not all good"

"Fate won't let you pick a crappy song" he said in a mysterious voice, making me stare at him blankly, "just get your notebook out"

I rolled my eyes, but pulled my notebook out of my bag anyway and handed it to him.

"Okay, stop it with your finger" he said, starting to flick the pages quickly. I stuck my finger in between a set of two random pages.

"Oh God, I can't look" I cried, shutting my eyes, hoping it wasn't the Jeremy Kyle song or anything, "which one is it?"

"Oh Sophie" Jay sighed, "this looks like the shittest song you've ever written"

"Shut up" I mumbled, giving him a shove, which made him laugh.

"I'm joking" he chuckled, "do you want a drum roll?"

"Just tell me"

"It's called Jay Mcguiness is a fucking God" he smirked, "aw Sophie, I'm really flattered-"