Chapter 12 - Recording Studios and Asthma Attacks

First of all, thank you so much for all of the comments and votes on the last chapter! :D They really brightened up my Monday morning

Second of all, I went to the Manchester date last night!!! The boys were incredible and I'm still buzzing from it! Did anyone else go to see them at Manchester too?

Anyway, this is another long chapter but I quite like this one. Bit of drama as per too. Also, the song Sophie sings in this is an acoustic version of Square One by Jessie J, which I found a couple of months ago and really liked, the video is on the side

Enjoy :)

The following day, the lads didn't have a rehearsal for the tour because they were going to a recording studio to do some work. Max suggested I come along with them so I could get some experience in a recording studio. I was up for it because the only recording studio I'd ever been in was the one we had at school for the GCSE and A level music students. It wasn't exactly hi-tech or anything though so it would be good to go in a proper real-life one.

Max had text their manager, Scooter, and he said it was alright for me to come along, Apparently he wanted to hear me singing anyway, I'm guessing just to check Max hadn't grabbed some randomer off the street and said they could go on the tour with them.

Hmm...

Anyway, I was quite looking forward to this studio session though I was a bit nervous to meet their manager. What if he thought my singing wasn't good enough? He probably had the power to kick me off the tour if he wanted to.

Max and Tom picked me up from my flat in Max's car and drove us to the recording studio. It didn't really look like a studio from the outside, more just like a discrete building on the outskirts of London. I suppose that was the idea though.

Max parked the car and the three of us jumped out, me with my guitar in tow. I followed them into the front door of the building and into a small reception area, where a friendly-looking lady was sat behind a large, sleek wooden desk. She gave us a smile as we entered but the lads already knew where they were going so I just trailed behind them awkwardly as they made their way into the lift. Tom pressed the correct button and the doors shut.

"You all excited, Soph?" Max teased in a jokey voice, squeezing my shoulders from behind.

"Get off" I muttered, squirming out of his grip.

"You better make a good impression on Scooter, you know" he said, raising an eyebrow at me in the mirrored side of the lift, "I've told him how good you are, so if you make me look bad..."

"Why? What will he do? Kick you out of The Wanted or something?" I smirked, "I might have to accidentally sing a really bum note then, won't I?"

"You bloody won't" he said, pulling me into a headlock, "I can't get kicked out, this band can't function without me"

"It would sort out the image though" I teased, "you know, by getting rid of that one ugly member..."

"Oi McKinnon" he said sternly, though I knew he was only playing, "I'm warning you"

"Hey Sophie" Tom piped up, "who do you think's better looking? Me or Max?"

I thought for a moment, before answering.

"Siva"

"How dare you?" Max gasped in mock shock, whilst Tom's answer was a casual "fair enough".

The lift stopped and I followed the two of them out in a corridor. Hung up along the walls were loads of those gold discs, all for different artists like Take That and Kylie and The Script and Coldplay. I couldn't believe I was in the same studio that such artists had recorded their songs in. It was completely mental.