Chapter 38 - Expensive Dresses and Yet More Attractive Band Members

The song that Sophie sings in this chapter is Jealous by Labrinth, it was originally something else ut I changed it during the edit, I really like this song and I can imagine Sopie writing it when her and Nathan had just broken up

Anyway, hope you enjoy...

I pulled one of my ear phones out and looked down to double-check that the address on my phone screen matched up with the one of the building in front of me.

Central London Recording and Rehearsal Studios

18 Victoria Lane

London

I pressed the silver buzzer and waited for an answer. It came a few moments later as female voice talking down the grill.

"Hello?"

"Hi, erm, my name's Sophie McKinnon-"

"Yep, I'll buzz you in" the lady sang cheerily as the door unlocked. I pulled the door open and stepped inside. The recption area was really quite posh, polished floor and a sleek black desk facing me where a blonde lady sat, smiling at me as I approached.

"I'm, er, here to see Joe" I told her once I reached the desk.

"Yes, he mentioned something about you coming" she said, "Just give me second"

She picked up a phone and pressed a button.

"Hi, yes, can you tell Joe that a Sophie McKinnon is here to see him?" she said down the phone whilst I picked at my nails awkwardly, "...he'll come down and get you now" she said to me as she put the phone down, "you can take a seat over there if you like"

"Thanks" I smiled, before going to over to the blue leather couch and taking a seat. I slid my guitar from my shoulder and rested it across my legs, tapping my fingers against it absentmindedly in time to the Justin Timberlake song that was playing through my earphone. I felt a little nervous about today even though Joe had already heard me sing on my YouTube videos and on the demo CD I gave to him if he'd listened to it, so there wasn't really any need for me to feel any pressure.

I received a last minute text from Nathan that read Knock 'em dead, love, do me proud :) xxx

Yep, no pressure. I'm only letting myself and the love of my fucking life down if I fuck this up.

"Sophie" I heard a minute or so later and looked up to see Joe walking over with a smile on his face.

"Hi" I replied, standing up and pulling my earphone out.

"Come with me" he said. I slung my guitar over my shoulder and followed him as he walked over to a door that lead down a corridor.

"Okay, I have a rehearsal room booked today for one of the bands I manage so I thought it would be a good opportunity because I wanna know what you're like live, and for the lads to see you too them to see what they think of you" he said, "don't worry they're gonna love you" he added, seeing my slightly worried face.

Okay, so I've got to sing for this band too. In a studio.

It took me back to that very first rehearsal with the lads at the dance studio. Except this time, I know I won't have the surprise of an ex boyfriend turning up and being in the band.

And lads? Sounds like another boyband or something.

Great. As if I don't have my hands full looking after one...

"How did it go coming out to Nathan's fans then?" he asked.

"Er, mixed reviews" I smiled, making him chuckle, "but a few pictures of us had already got out so most of them had worked it out, some of 'em are, erm, very opinionated on the matter"