Chapter 19 - St John's Ambulances and Run-Ins with Him

Okay this chapter is another really long one and there's a lot that happens in it but it's quite an interesting chapter. I hope it satisfies some of you for a tiny bit longer ;)

Also, the song I used in this chapter is Without You by Scouting for Girls. I love this song and it suits Sophie, the song is on the side so have a listen :)

"Would you like a bacon butty, Soph?" Tom asked, as I plonked myself down on the sofa of the bus next to Siva and Jay.

"Er, no thanks" I mumbled.

Yes, I know what you're thinking. Sophie McKinnon? Refusing bacon? What is happening to the world?

Well, I wasn't hungry. To be honest, I hadn't been that hungry over the past few days in general.

I knew why. The only times I refuse food is when I'm really ill or I'm nervous, worried or anxious about something. You know when something's playing on your mind and you get that horrible feeling in your stomach and the thought of eating food makes you wanna throw up?

Yeah, that.

And I knew exactly what I was nervous, worried and anxious about.

Scott.

I'd tried to put on my usual Sophie front of 'nothing's wrong' for everyone but he was still lurking in the dark corners of my mind and though I'd managed to avoid him over the past few days, I knew that such luck wouldn't last. I was bound to run into him at some point.

Tom looked at me strangely.

"Are you joking?" he asked me seriously.

"No" I replied, just as seriously.

God, is it really that much of a big deal when I don't eat food?

He furrowed his eyebrows but went back to his bacon-frying.

"Cheer up, Sophie" Siva said from his spot next to me, "we're staying in the hotel tonight"

That was true. We were doing multiple gigs at the venue we'd arrived at in London so the lads' management had booked hotel rooms for us so we didn't have to sleep on the bus.

"You know what that means?" He continued, "comfy beds"

Well, that's one thing to look forward to.

At that point, Max came trotting in, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"I've made you a bacon butty, mate" Tom said to him, handing him the plate.

"He's a good boy, aren't you?" Max grinned in that 'good boy' voice, twiddling with Tom's ear.

"Yah yah yah"

Max made his way over to the sofa and sat down on the arm, shovelling bacon butty into his gob.

"Has he not made you one, Soph?" Max asked me, scrunching his brows in confusion.

"I'm not hungry" I mumbled. He brows furrowed even deeper.

"I know, I didn't understand it either" Tom said

"God, is that the only thing I'm going to be remembered for? Eating?" I scoffed. No one replied.

I'll take that as a yes then.

"God, you moan at me when I eat your food and you moan at me when I don't eat your food" I snapped, standing up, "I can't fucking win with you lot"

I pushed past Max and made my way back to my bed, brushing past Nathan, who was walking in the opposite direction, as I did. I climbed into my bunk, hearing Tom say "PMT" from the kitchen. I just huffed and yanked the curtain across to separate myself from the rest of the bus.