Chapter 28 - Too Much Embarrassment and Door-Slamming Old Hags

Erm, this kind of feels like another filler chapter but I quite like it, and the next chapter is particularly interesting *wink wink* but anyway, I hope you like this :D

The sound of the buzzer caught my attention just as I was coating my lashes with mascara. I knew it would be Nathan so I didn't care about making him wait another minute as I started on the other eye; after all, it was him I was making myself looking half decent for. Around twenty seconds later, the buzzer sounded again, and again, and again, and then it just played continuously.

"For fucks sake" I muttered to myself, slamming the mascara brush onto my dressing table and pushing myself up. I shuffled to the buzzer and pressed the receiver button.

"Will you stop it?" I said flatly.

"Will you hurry up?" Nathan shot back, "I've been waiting here for ages"

"You've been there for like, one minute" I scoffed.

"Can you just let me in please?"

"You've interrupted my make up regime" I replied hautily, "and my best mascara is currently drying out because of your impatient nature so no, you can wait outside"

I took my finger off the button and started to walk back to my room, but changed my mind and pressed the button again.

"And I'm gonna be extra slow now"

I ended the conversation but didn't press the other button to let him in. I meandered back to my room and took time time finishing my mascara. I added a nude lipstick, spritzed myself with a little perfume and grabbed my jacket. I shoved my phone in my bag and slung it over my shoulder before making my way over to the door, putting my light blue converse on in the process. Locking the flat, I pottered down the three flights of stairs in my own time, seeing Nathan stood waiting for me through the glass of the large doors that were the main exit of the building. I took a moment to appreciate how attractive he looked in his black skinny jeans and dark grey Superdry hoodie. His hair was looking particularly fluffy today too as it stuck out from underneath his hood, which made me bite my lip.

He spotted me within moments, giving me a blank look. I took really slow, small steps to the door, making him flare his nostrils at me. I laughed, reaching the door and stepping outside.

"You're gonna be annoying me today, I can tell" he tittered as he pushed a pair of sunglasses up his nose.

"That's my aim, I'm glad it's working" I smirked, "Sunglasses and hood up? Make you're mind up"

"It's so there's less chance of me getting recognised"

"And you think that wearing sunglasses when it isn't sunny is going to make you blend in?" I laughed as he slung his arm around my shoulders and we set off walking down the road.

Nathan had text me the night before and asked me what I wanted to do for this date thing but I wasn't really bothered, just as long as I got to spend time with Nathan and we got some decent food. Gabby and Chloe had asked me to do some food shopping for the flat though, which I obliged because I hadn't done it for two months so Nathan was coming with me to do that because he said he didn't mind. I guess shopping was the current plan for the date.

The local Tesco was only a few minutes walk down the road so it didn't take long for me and Nathan to reach it. As we stepped through the doors, I pulled out the list the girls had written me whilst Nathan grabbed me a basket.

"What do you need first?" he asked.

"Erm, tampons" I told him.

"Oh right" he mumbled, pulling his face.