four

Sarah and Lily walked down the street in silence, until Sarah spoke up, "I'm guessing Ethan noticed the no-reflection thing?"

"Yeah, he did... So, you're a vampire?" 

"No, I'm a fledgling," Sarah paused for a few moments, "Jesse's the one that bit me," she looked upset when she said that and Lily felt sorry for her, "Hey... you don't mind if I grab a snack do you?"

"Uhh, no, go ahead," replied Lily, "I'll uuh... be lookout,"

"Thanks," Sarah said, as she went in search of rats in an alley nearby.

--

Benny and Ethan walked the streets searching for Sarah and Lily, trying to be as quiet as they could. But Ethan knew that with Benny, 'quiet' wasn't an option. They had left Jane with Benny's grandma, promising to be back soon.

After minutes of walking, Benny was getting tired, "It's hopeless, we lost them. Must. Have. Pizza,"

"She's out here, I – I feel it," Suddenly, they heard some noises coming from behind them, "Sh, there's something in the alley,"

"Night vision engaged," Benny smirked, proud that the tech he brought would be useful. He turned on the night vision, and was speechless at the sight before him, his eyes widened and he kept looking back and forth to check it wasn't his imagination.

"Benny, what?" Ethan was getting impatient, it couldn't be that serious, right?

"We should leave, we should leave right now," Benny could hardly get any words out as he stared at the creature in the alley.

Ethan looked through the night vision and both boys screamed with horror, Sarah hissed at them. A vampire! An actual vampire! Ethan started to run away but had to run back to drag Benny with him; he was frozen with fear, screaming on the spot.

"We are so dead!" Ethan screamed as he ran.

"Speak for yourself! Skinny guy coming through!"

"Ah! Help! My babysitter's a vampire!"

"Remember Halo, level 3," Benny exclaimed, running out of breath, "The battle plan I sent you? Evasive manoeuvres," he yelled as he continued running, "Alpha phi strike delta six, Engage!" Benny started to do some rolls and fell as Ethan caught up with him.

"You missed the pattern!" he said from the floor.

"Sometimes, I just skim your emails," Ethan told him, breathing heavily.

"Fair enough,"

Ethan helped Benny up as Sarah appeared in front of them, "What's your problem?" she yelled.

Ethan's voice shook with fear, "Hold on, if you eat us, that would so not be cool," 

"If I wanted to eat you, I would have done It by now,"

"See she's gonna eat us, we're doomed!" Benny yelled.

"No, no, I just want to talk to you guys," Sarah was trying to calm them down but failing as Ethan held up two sticks in the shape of a cross, "Demon of the night, be gone!"

"Guys, whatever you saw is not what it looks like!" 

"You're a frickin vampire, who eats animals and drinks their blood!"

Sarah sighed, "Okay, so it is kind of what it looks like but-"

"I'm warning you, I had garlic bread for lunch and I am not afraid to use my breath!" Benny started breathing at her, he then paused, "What about Lily?!" he continued, "You've eaten her! And I never got to tell her that-"