twenty-eight

"Who would've thought the bio lab would have such big pig brains?" Benny remarked, as he held the jar of pig brains tightly, making sure not to drop it.

Ethan shrugged, "I guess I did,"

The three poked their heads through the door of the teacher's lounge, to see a couple of zombies and some coffee near the corner of the room.

"Over there, follow me," Ethan whispered, as they crawled underneath a foosball table in the middle of the room, "Okay, we throw the pig brain, grab the coffee, and then we're home-free,"

"I don't think you understand the meaning of home-free," Benny replied, as his phone rang.

"Turn that thing of!"

"I got it," He answered the call and put the phone to his ear, "Hello.... Look I can't talk right-what? Really? That's amazing,"

"Benny!" Lily whisper-yelled.

"Five hundred minutes, unlimited texts, thirty bucks, that's good, right?" he said, Ethan raised his eyebrows and Benny hung up sheepishly.

"Okay, pig brain, let's go," Ethan threw the open jar of pig brain across the floor, and the zombies crowded round it, "Alright, I'm going for it," he ran to the coffee stand and grabbed a sample, but ran straight into a zombie behind him, causing him to drop it.

Lily quickly stood up and grabbed the coffee cup from the floor, as she ran to the coffee machine the zombie that was behind Ethan grabbed her arm, she shrieked as it touched her.

Luckily, Benny was right behind her, so he pulled the zombie away, and took the cup from her, "I'll get the coffee, go!"

"No, wait-" Before she could say anything else, Ethan dragged her out of the room.

The ran down the hallway and hid behind a corner; the two were silent, and Ethan gulped.

"What if they got him?" Lily whispered.

"They wouldn't have-" he stopped as they heard footsteps coming towards them, "Benny, is that you?"

Benny jumped around the corner, causing the two to both jump back. As soon as she realised it was him, Lily ran up to him and hugged him tight, causing him to stumble back a little, "I thought you were a zombie," she muttered, she pulled away and asked, "Are you okay?"

Benny gulped, "Yep," he nodded.

"I love you," Lily smiled widely as Benny grinned.

"I love you too," he replied as they hugged once again.

Ethan cleared his throat, "Uhh, guys, the coffee?"

"Oh right, check this out," Benny showed them the coffee sample, and the three sighed in relief.

"Cool!" Rory said, making the them jump, "Gotcha!" he pulled off the scary mask that he was wearing and grinned, "This is what I swiped from the teacher's lounge, Hicks took this from me in September,"

"Wait, you were in the teacher's lounge?"

Rory nodded, "Candy, games, TV, couches,"

"Zombies," Lily finished for him.

"Really? I just thought they were all really grumpy," Rory said, his face completely serious.

Ethan shook his head, "Whatever, we have to get this coffee to the chemistry lab,"

"Chemistry? Boring, I'd rather smack me some zombies," Rory said, as he put on the mask and ran off, "RV away!"

Ethan walked around the corner and started to pull off another fire extinguisher; Benny looked as if he was in a daydream, like something was troubling him, so Lily asked, "Are you sure you're okay?"