twenty-three

"Benny! Lily!" Ethan said, catching up to the couple, "I think I'm changing," Lily looked down and noticed that Ethan had a bandage where the scratch was, "I chased a car this morning, seventeen blocks! I only lost it when it went on the freeway,"

"Would you relax, I checked in with professor google, you have to be bitten by a werewolf, when it's a wolf, for the curse to pass on," Benny said, calming Ethan down, "You just got scratched by David when he was in jock form,"

The three walked up to Sarah, who was sat on a couch by the vending machines, "Hey Sarah," they said.

"Hi, your pal David's a real charmer," she replied sarcastically.

"Well he is your ancestral enemy," Ethan retaliated, scowling at Sarah.

"Or maybe he's just a jerk," Sarah chuckled.

"Little miss neck biter has trouble believing in werewolves?" Ethan snarled, stepping closer to Sarah, before Benny pulled him back.

"Ethan, what's gotten into you?" Lily asked, also pulling him backwards.

Sarah stood up, frowning at Ethan, "Who are the ancestral enemies now, huh?" Benny chuckled nervously.

"What did you call me?"

"Don't get your fangs in a twist,"

"So," Benny said, him and Lily stepping in-between them, "Moving on, that symbol you saw, we looked it up last night,"

"It's for a reversal cure," Lily said, as Benny handed Ethan a piece of paper with the symbol on it.

"A cure! Does it work for other curses, like a vampire curse?" Sarah asked, her eyes lighting up.

"What, soccer team have a strict no blood sucker policy," Ethan said, glaring at Sarah.

"It might work on other curses," Benny said, pushing the two apart once more.

"David's probably trying to find it before the full moon tonight," Lily told them.

"We're ditching class, you are helping me find this cure now!" Sarah said, taking Benny's hand, "We are not done," she said, turning to Ethan, who growled at her.

Ethan then took Lily's hand, "Fine! Lily's going to ditch class with me too, and we're gonna play... video games!" he finished, glaring at Sarah.

Both Lily and Benny looked at each other and shrugged, before being dragged off in the opposite direction.

--

"So, what video game do you wanna play?" Lily asked, walking over to Ethan who was stood in front of a calendar, "Ethan, what's wrong?" As she said that, Ethan turned around with a clump of hair in his hand, "Please don't tell me that came from your back," He nodded, his eyes wide.

"Hey guys," Ethan's parents entered the room, so Ethan quickly chucked the hair in his fridge, "Guess who got two last minute tickets to 'curling: the musical'?"

"Don't worry, guys, your pal David's already here and he can help you both watch Jane," Ethan's dad, Ross, said, as David joined them.

"Wow, look at you guys all dressed up with places to go," he said.

"Killer timing champ," Ross replied as they chest bumped.

"Okay, so, anyway, I know it's a full moon tonight so let's not get too crazy," Samantha chuckled, before the two said goodnight and left.

Ethan sighed, "Okay, David, we know that you're a werewolf,"

"Yeah, and we know you're here after some kind of cure," Lily added.