twenty-seven

7:45PM

"Oh man, why can't we be at home? Watching 'so you think you can fly' and eating a triple meat lovers pizza, with extra meat," Benny said, as he held Lily's hand tightly.

Ethan's voice trembled as he said, "Yeah instead, our teachers could bash in here any second and scoop out our brains like chip-dip,"

The three heard a bang and Lily squeezed Benny's hand, "Think we could outrun them?" she asked.

"I don't have to outrun them, I just have to outrun Benny," Ethan replied, sounding like he was about to cry.

Benny scoffed, "You know, I think they'd go for your brain first there, honour role,"

The three looked at the door to see zombies, very close to knocking it down.

"Sarah, we could really use your help right now," Lily muttered, as Benny put his arm around her.

"I don't think she was in a really 'helping' mood today, and neither were you now I think about it,"

9 ½ hours earlier: 9:15AM

"Sorry, but I don't think I'm strong enough to smash someone through a wall with magic," Lily said, whilst Sarah sighed.

"And I'm not breaking any arms just because he called you, what was it?"

"Teethan,"

"Benny rabbit," Benny groaned, "It's not what he says, it's how he says it,"

"Let's go," The teacher near them, who looked a bit dozy, warned, as he motioned to the door next to him.

"Right with you sir," Lily told him.

"If not there in five minutes, start boring kids without us," Benny added, but the teacher didn't seem to scowl at him, he just stared at his latte cup.

"Forget it, look I have a field trip to the art gallery, lucky me," Sarah said sarcastically, "see you Teethan," she waved, giggling.

"C'mon, Benny rabbit, let's go to class," Lily chuckled, walking into their classroom.

"It sound's cute when she says it,"

9 ½ hours later: 7:48PM

"We're so dead," Benny cried, "It's not fair why couldn't we get some sign that this was gonna happen?"

"Just a hint would've been nice," Ethan nodded.

"Hey, I tried to tell you that something weird was going on," Lily said, as she rested her head on Benny's shoulder.

9:16AM

Lily, Benny, and Ethan walked into class and took their seats, they got out their books as the teacher started muttering 'brains'.

"Hey, do you think that's a bit... strange?" Lily asked, pointing to the board where the teacher had written 'brain'.

"Nah, teachers are just... like that," Benny shrugged as he started to doodle.

7:53PM

The zombies tried to reach through the broken window on the door, so Ethan tried to hit their hands with a fire extinguisher. Then instead, he sprayed it at them, which worked as they quickly backed away.

"They hate this stuff! If it lasts long enough, we should be able to hold them off until Sarah gets back,"

"Sarah is coming back, right?" Benny asked, from under the table, Lily snuggled into him a bit more, since she was terrified.