forty

"Are you sure we should do this?" Lily asked, "Ethan's already on edge because of the 'Tornado Twins'," 

Benny had noticed Ethan's front door was unlocked, so he was planning to jump out on Ethan and give him a good scare, "C'mon, lighten up, don't you wanna get back on Ethan for all the times we scared you?"

Lily shook her head, "Not really, because I know it was your idea,"

Benny grinned, "True, okay, ready?"

Lily rolled her eyes, but waited for Benny's que. The two hid around the corner and watched as Ethan and Sarah stood near the 'Tornado Twins', anticipating the kid's 'attack'.

"Just wait for it," Ethan muttered, keeping a close eye on the twins, "Wait for it,"

Benny smirked, before jumping out of their hiding spot and yelling, "Benny!"

Sarah instantly elbowed him in the stomach, and when Rory also jumped out from behind Ethan, he shot him in the head with his nerf gun.

"Hey! Is this for me barfing down your chimney?"

Ethan sighed, "No, no, I just-wait, you what?"

"Nothing,"

Lily walked over to Benny, and put her hand on his shoulder, "Told you it was a bad idea," she smirked.

"I'm here to battle the tornado twins!" Rory grinned, placing his hands on his hips like some sort of superhero.

"Us too," Lily smiled.

Benny frowned, "Are they here yet? I don't see anybody bleeding,"

"See for yourself," The group stood in front of the 'Tornado Twins', who were sat quietly at the dining table drawing, which was weird, as Ethan always told Lily that they were the most energetic kids out there.

"Guys?" Ethan said, causing the twins to look up, "This is Benny, Lily, and Rory,"

"Hello Benny, Lily, and Rory," The two said simultaneously, making Lily shudder.

"Woah, that is a tornado of weird," Rory stated.

Lily nodded, "Yeah, kids speaking in unison is never good, and always creepy,"

The group jumped again, and turned around as Erica opened the back door, "Are we going, or what? I'm starving," she moaned.

Sarah sighed, "Coming Erica,"

Ethan's eyes widened as she walked towards the door, "Wait, going? Going where?"

"New safety rule from the council, they want us to hunt in pairs," she explained.

Erica rolled her eyes, "So I have to watch this 'vegetarian' vampire, pick up her blood salad from a delivery truck,"

"Beats watching you choose your meal: 'he's so stringy, he's too old, I hate her outfit'," Sarah mimicked, causing Lily and Benny to chuckle, which earned them a glare from Erica.

"People with bad taste, taste bad, what? More stalk, less talk,"

"B-but you're supposed to be my back-up," Ethan reasoned, "You can't leave me alone with them,"

Erica smirked, "What? Are you afraid they're gonna colour outside the lines?" she rolled her eyes and walked out of the door.

"I won't be long," Sarah smiled, "Plus, you have Lily, and if it gets that bad then I'm sure Jane can handle it, right Jane?"

"You betcha," Jane saluted, as Sarah followed Erica.

The four turned to look at the twins, "What now?" Ethan asked, "Do I check their crayons for sharp edges?"