forty-four

"Hey guys," Lily greeted, walking over to Ethan and Benny, who were sat eating their lunch with another member of the hockey team. She still couldn't believe the two had succeeded in getting picked, but she was happy for them anyways.

"Hey Lil," Benny grinned, "Have you met our new friend, 'Bolts'?"

"No, I don't think I have, nice to meet you Bolts," she smiled, Bolts just grunted in reply; Lily shrugged, grabbing a chair and sitting next to her boyfriend.

Sarah quickly joined them, sitting down next to Lily, "You guys will not believe what happened last night," Bolts again grunted, to which Sarah frowned, "Who's he?"

"This is Bolts," Ethan explained.

"Cuz he's faster than lightening," Benny added, earning a chuckle from Lily and Sarah.

"Why are you guys dressed as hockey players?" Sarah smirked, "It's not halloween yet,"

Ethan immediately looked smug, "We made the hockey team,"

"That's great!" Sarah grinned, Lily nodded in agreement and Benny wrapped his arm around her, "So what, you're like, water boys or something?" Sarah added.

"No, we happen to be players," Ethan frowned.

Lily leaned over to Sarah and muttered, "I found it hard to believe at first too," the two girls giggled, whilst Ethan and Benny didn't look too pleased.

"Okay, look, this is the players table, so unless you're a 'player' or a 'players girlfriend', I'm gonna have to ask you to leave," Benny smirked, leaning back on his chair.

Sarah rolled her eyes and left the table, Lily stood up shortly after, "I actually have to get going, see you later B," she quickly kissed Benny's cheek before leaving to find Sarah.

"Sarah, wait up," the teen slowed down so she was walking next to Lily, "So, what happened last night? I thought you were having flight practice with Rory?"

Sarah nodded, "I was, but after Rory tried swallowing a pigeon, we had to have a break, so we landed in a graveyard,"

"A graveyard?" Lily frowned.

Again, Sarah nodded, "We didn't stay there long though, because right in front of us, there was a guy digging up a grave,"

Lily shuddered, "Ew," as Sarah stopped by her locker, Lily stopped too, "I swear grave robbers aren't even a thing anymore,"

After grabbing some books, Sarah shrugged, "I don't know, but I don't even wanna think about what the guy needed the body for,"

Before the two girls could carry on their conversation, Erica had joined them, "There you are," she discretely handed Sarah a letter, "Special delivery from the vampire council,"

Sarah rolled her eyes, "What now? 'Proper fang high-gene'?"

Lily chuckled, "Could be another letter on 'Werewolf dating tips',"

"Who's the new hottie?" Erica interrupted, the two girls turned to see who she was talking about.

"That's Bolts, with a B, as in B.O," Sarah explained.

"He's on the hockey team with Ethan and Benny," Lily added.

"Those dorks turned into jocks?"

Lily frowned slightly, "Benny's not a dork, he's just... Benny,"

Sarah opened the letter and her eyes widened, "This is crazy!"

"Totally," Erica agreed, "I mean, I've seen jocks be dorky, but never dorks be jocks, and Benny's, like, the biggest dork I've met-"