thirty-nine

"The rainbow factory? Ugh, I hate that hippie junk," Erica groaned, "This is going to be the worst school play ever,"

"So why do you wanna be in it?" Lily questioned, her and Sarah chuckling.

Erica shrugged, "It's on my bucket list,"

"Why do you have a bucket list?" Sarah frowned, "You'll never kick the bucket,"

"It's a long list," Erica rolled her eyes, "And number 12 says 'star in the school play', so I can ram it in the face of that pint sized drama queen Sunday Clovers," she mocked.

Lily smiled, "You act like she came all the way from Australia on exchange just to bother you,"

"Why can't you just be nice?" Sarah sighed.

"Don't tell me how to live, Sarah," Erica said, in an annoyed tone.

The three walked to the sign-up sheet, and Lily looked up to notice Erica and Benny had grabbed the pen at the same time. Erica glared at him, before Benny shrugged, "Age before beauty,"

As Erica sarcastically smiled, Benny walked over to Lily and threw his arm around her, greeting her with a kiss on the forehead.

"That's it!" Miss L.O.L smiled, walking over to them, "Let the eagles of creativity soar. I'm off to make copies of this wonderful script," she attempted to open the book, but it was as if it was sealed shut.

"Looks like it doesn't wanna open," Ethan stated.

Miss L.O.L chuckled, "It didn't wanna be found either, hiding away inside that basement wall for twenty-five years, and I dug it out," she pried open the book and giggled, "There we go, should be clear-sailing from here," she laughed, walking off.

--

"I'm the under steady?" Erica frowned, "But I totally nailed that audition!"

"You were very... present," Miss L.O.L stuttered, "Congratulations Sunday Clovers, you're our lead,"

A small blonde squealed and stood next to Lily, who moved away from her slightly.

The girl got her act together, and was suddenly serious, "Do I dream, or do my waking eyes see colour a new? Such reds, such golds, ah, to see my joy?" she grinned, whilst Erica rolled her eyes, "Thank you so much Miss Lofthouse Oldman Little!"

She chuckled, "Oh please, the kids call me miss L.O.L,"

"Makes me wanna put the little shrimp on the Barbie," Erica muttered, causing Lily to laugh slightly.

"I know you'll be a real ace under steady, and you'll step right in if something happens to me," Sunday smiled.

"Yes!" Erica grinned, hugging her, "If something happens to you,"

"Wow," Sunday gasped when they pulled apart, "You have a lot of positive energy, I can feel it in my ribs," she squealed again before saying, "I'm gonna go to my dressing room!" and running off.

"What just happened?" Sarah chuckled.

Lily shook her head, "No idea,"

"Oh and Lily, I think you'd be the perfect fit for Sundrop's best friend Rainbeam," Miss L.O.L smiled, clutching her clipboard.

"Uh, no thanks miss, acting isn't really my thing," Lily replied, as Sarah chuckled.

"Acting may not be her thing, but look out for her when it comes to the school talent show, she sure can sing," she stated.

"You sing?" Erica frowned, "Since when?"

"Since never," Lily smiled, "I don't sing in front of people, so, how did you hear me?" she asked, turning to Sarah, who shrugged.