thirty-four

The boys stared dreamily at their substitute teacher, Lucia, as she wrote down symbols on the chalkboard in front of them.

"What is she saying?" Ethan muttered.

Rory shushed him, "I'm trying to concentrate,"

Benny leant forward, "Do you understand her?"

"She's talking?" Rory sighed, "I didn't notice,"

Erica and Sarah knocked on the classroom door, and Ethan walked over to them, "Hey,"

"What's going on in there?" Sarah asked.

"Miss Lucia is subbing for Mr G," Ethan gushed, "She's so nice,"

"Right," Erica rolled her eyes, "Anyway, do you still have any of those little wooden stake darts?"

"Pencils? Yeah, why?"

Sarah chuckled, "Some vampire jerk stood her up, she wants to make a point by-"

"All warriors must get to work," Lucia interrupted, "The hour of judgment approaches,"

Ethan nodded and walked back into class, "So, where are the girl warriors?" Erica questioned.

"Banished, maidens have no use but to serve their queen when the hour is at hand,"

She shut the door and Sarah turned to Erica, "That was weird,"

"Makes me wanna turn that sub into a sandwich,"

--

"This is the weirdest homework ever," Ethan stated.

"What part of 'sacred list of offerings to please the heavens' don't you understand?" Benny said, rolling his eyes.

"Uh, all of it," Ethan replied, "Look at this, I don't even know what half of this is, let alone where to find it,"

"Never question the orders of a babe, alright? When me and Lily were together, I was a complete gentleman," Benny explained, frowning a little, "Now, if you don't mind, all I need to be teacher's pet is," he looked down at his sheet, "bloodstone,"

They turned around to see Erica and Sarah, Benny asked, "You girls have any bloodstone, it sounds vampirey,"

"All out of bloodstone, but I can make you bleed with a rock," Erica stated.

"So, your freaky sub gives you freaky homework and you're not freaked?" Sarah asked.

"Hot teacher, frozen brain, done,"

Ethan furrowed his eyebrows, "My brain is not frozen, I just-" Lucia walked past him and he smiled, "have to find, uh, frog hearts,"

Erica glared at Lucia, "Am I nuts or did we just get blown off by nerds?"

"Something messed up is going on,"

--

Sarah and Erica entered their class and groaned, "Why is she here?" Sarah said, pointing to Lucia, "Don't tell me she's subbing for our class too,"

Erica folded her arms, "She's not even all that hot," Sarah raised her eyebrows, "Okay, fine, she's a goddess, but I can still hate her,"

"Lucia is a queen, she is not a goddess," Principal Hicks stated.

"I told you maidens, go," Lucia said, glaring at the girls.

"So, you want us to skip class?"

Erica started backing away towards the door, "Done and done,"

"Principal Hicks, are you sure you're okay with this?" Sarah asked him.

"Lucia is my queen, I am her throne," he replied, he then got on his knees and Lucia sat on him, smirking.