forty-six

Benny and Lily strolled down the school hallway in search of Ethan, "He's never gonna do it, I've automatically won the bet," Benny smirked; around a year ago, Benny had bet Ethan to ask out Sarah, and today was the day he was meant to do it, Benny, however, was sure he would chicken out.

Lily rolled her eyes, her hand holding Benny's tightly, "Do you not have any faith in him?"

Shrugging, Benny replied, "Why should I have faith when money's involved?"

The two spotted Ethan stood at his locker, he looked very nervous, and held a red rose in his hand, "Ya know, just for you, I'll take my one hundred bucks in dollars," Benny said, leaning against the lockers.

Lily gently hit his shoulder and turned to Ethan, "Don't listen to him E, I think you can do it,"

"Thanks Lil," he sighed, turning to Benny, "the deal was that I had a year to ask Sarah out," he checked his watch, "I still have five hours left,"

Rory soon joined the group, and he glared at Ethan, "The council wants to meet with you now," he crossed his arms, "And this time, I've been authorised to use force,"

The three raised their eyebrows, looking at one another, before Ethan snorted, "What force?"

Smirking, Rory rolled up his sleeves, showing off his 'muscles', "These!" he grinned proudly. He then turned around, and motioned to the two vampires, dressed all in black and looking very angry, behind him, "And those." 

Ethan rolled his eyes and shut his locker, "Let's just get this over with, I'll ask Sarah out later,"

"Sure you will," Benny smirked, earning another hit from Lily, "Ow! Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, I've pre-ordered a hundred dollars worth of the world's first self-chewing gum," he yelled, as Ethan and Rory walked away.

"I think you might've been scammed," Lily muttered, snorting slightly.

--

Twenty minutes later, Ethan had finally come out of the vampire council's main room, and he met Lily, Rory, and Benny outside (whilst being shoved down the stairs by some vampire guards).

"I guess that went well?" Lily asked, as Ethan struggled with the guards.

Benny shrugged, "I mean, you appear to be alive,"

"Yeah," Ethan huffed, "Now it's time to ask Sarah out," the guards finally let go of him as they got to the bottom of the stairs, and Sarah ran around the corner to greet him.

"Erica told me you were here," she explained, "Did they hurt you? Is everything okay?"

Immediately, Ethan looked nervous, but he followed through with his plan, no matter how awkward he felt, "Uh, yeah," he turned to the guards, as if asking for approval to walk away from them slightly, they nodded, and he took a few steps away with Sarah, "I'd, uh, I'd like to, uh, ask you," he looked to Benny, Rory, and Lily, who all gave him a thumbs up, "Uh, maybe we could, uh,"

"He's actually doing it, I changed my mind, this is definitely worth a hundred bucks," Benny whispered to Lily, "I didn't stutter that much when I asked you out, did I?"

"A bit, nowhere near as much as him though," Lily chuckled, as the three carried on listening.

Ethan took a breath, and finally stopped stuttering, "Sarah, would you like to go for dinner with me tonight?"

Sarah smirked, "What, like, a date?"

"Uh, no, not like that," Ethan stammered, before seeing his friends hand gestures, "I mean, uh, yeah, exactly like that: on a date,"