nine

"Think about it dude, we can have anything we want: cash, cars, candy," Benny explained, as he and Ethan walked down the hallway of their school.

"You only use spells for stuff that starts with a C?" Ethan chuckled.

"C'mon! Once, we were lonely high school noobs, now, we're vampire killing, spell casting rock stars, the world is our oyster," Benny told him, imagining all the things they could do with their newfound powers.

"If you actually have oysters, they're not something you wanna swallow, they're something you cough up," Ethan cringed.

"Nice, nice image to start the day," Benny looked over to where Lily was talking with some friends from her history class, "but there's the image I need," he grinned at her and waved, she waved back but carried on talking, "I know you're the 'seer' and all, but I can see her, with me,"

Ethan cringed at his friend's pun, "Sorry to break it to you bud, but I don't think she's interested," he said, patting Benny's back.

"Nah, I have a plan, see that girl over there," Benny pointed to Della, a girl standing not that far away, "I'm gonna use her to make Lily jealous," he smirked whilst rubbing his hands together, like an evil villain.

"Jealous, you mean like you were of Jesse?" Ethan smirked, "You were so mad anytime he got anywhere near her-"

"Okay, okay, I get it,"

Ethan chuckled, "Anyway, isn't that a bit harsh? To use her?"

"Yeah, but, if I get with Lily that's a plus, right?"

Ethan shook his head, "Just keep the magic on the down low, remember? Life just got back to normal,"

Benny shrugged, "Would you relax, I got this," he pulled some flowers out from behind his back and started walking over to Della. As he started talking to her, Lily walked towards Ethan, not taking her eyes off Della and Benny.

"Hey, Ethan," she said, still looking at the couple behind her.

"Uh, hey, something wrong?" Ethan asked, eyebrows raised.

"What? No, I was just, uh, daydreaming," she said, finally turning to look at Ethan, "You know me, always... daydreaming," she chuckled awkwardly, finally turning to face Ethan.

"Can I talk to you?" Sarah asked as she approached the two.

"Hey, how goes it? What's new?" he replied.

"Can I borrow twenty dollars... friend?" she pleaded, "It's for a good cause,"

"Twenty dollars, now?" he stopped as the three turned to look at Benny, who was stood with a crying Della. He looked at them for help and Lily shrugged.

"Awesome news, Della's dog died," he said as he walked over to them.

"And that's good news?" Lily asked, frowning.

"Yeah!" he replied, "What, are you annoyed that I'm talking to her? Sorry, not talking, flirting with her?"

Lily scoffed, "Pfft, no, not at all. I think you two would make a cute couple, actually."

Ethan and Sarah looked at each other and rolled their eyes "I gotta go," said Sarah, "Coming Lily?"

"What? Oh yeah, bye guys," she said as she followed Sarah away from them.

--

"What! So now I can't even get babysitting money? Great, perfect," Sarah yelled into her phone. Her and Lily were on a walk outside when Ethan had called her. Whilst Sarah was talking, Erica had started walking beside Lily.