forty-one

"Our young Prince Ho-Tep died at the tender age of eighteen," Mr G explained, "But the ancient Egyptians view death as merely a journey into another world,"

Ethan, Benny, Rory, Lily, ad Sarah, were at a museum with their class, learning about ancient Egypt – the only people that seemed interested though, were Lily and Sarah.

"What's with the ancient Tupperware?" Ethan asked, raising his hand.

"Well, you know the expression 'you can't take it with you'?"

"Yeah,"

Mr G shrugged, "Well, uh, they didn't," he got a few giggles at that, "Anyways, this gift-wrapped fellow here was arranged to marry a pharaoh's daughter, but when he refused because he wasn't in love with her, the pharaoh had him executed,"

Benny smirked, "Bet she had one killer unibrow," Ethan, Rory, and Lily all chuckled, whilst Sarah just turned around, hitting his arm and telling him to shut up.

"According to these hieroglyphics," Mr G continued, "He vowed to never enter the afterlife without his true love,"

"That's so sweet," Lily whispered to Sarah, who nodded in agreement.

"Ew!" Rory said, looking disgusted, from behind them.

"It's either that or these are cleaning instructions-"

Rory raised his hand, "Can I make a mummy for extra credit?"

"Well, that wouldn't be encouraged,"

"Yes! That was not a no,"

"Anyways, guys, that was the end of the tour," Mr G stated, "But, feel free to stay around as long as you like," Most people left, and he sighed, "Or you could leave, cause that's okay too,"

"He actually chose death over a life without love," Sarah sighed, walking towards the mummy display in front of them.

"I know," Lily smiled, "It's so romantic,"

"Less romantic when they bottled up his organs," Ethan shrugged.

Benny rubbed his hands together, smirking, "And if I'm lucky, one of these jars will have pancreas," after the four turned to him with confused faces, he explained, "I used all my grandma's ancient pancreas in a potion, I have to top it up before she finds out,"

"Gross!" Sarah stated, "What was it for?"

Benny's eyes widened, "Wizard stuff," he stammered, "You wouldn't understand – cover me,"

"Okay, but just make it quick," Ethan replied, as Benny started to search through the jars.

Lily sighed, "You guys are asking for trouble,"

"She's right, I don't want any part of this!" Sarah snapped, walking away from the four.

"C'mon Benny," Lily said, "It is stealing,"

"The museum stole it first," Benny shrugged, "Think they asked this guy to raid his tomb? Didn't think so, trust me, no one will miss this," he took the pancreas out of the jar, "Bingo,"

"Hurry up!" Ethan whispered, looking behind him.

"You gotta admit what this guy did was sweet," Lily sighed, looking from the mummy to Benny, "I mean he died to be with his true love, it's just so-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's a total hunk," Benny rolled his eyes, coughing slightly as he put the pancreas in his bag, "Got it, let's go,"

--

"What is the big deal? We collect weird stuff all the time!" Benny said, as he, Lily, Sarah, and Ethan walked into his grandma's potion room.

"Yeah, when we're fighting monsters," Lily stated.