seven

Lily walked down the hallway of the school and spotted Sarah stood near the entrance, "Hey Sarah, I heard about Jesse being Reverend Black and all that, what-"

She stopped as she noticed Sarah wasn't listening, she was staring at the group entering the school. Lily looked in the direction she was looking and raised her eyebrows. Erica's definitely... different.

"Hey Sarah, hey Lily," she said as she approached them, tilting her head, "What's wrong Sarah? You're looking a little underfed," she smirked.

"What happened to you?"

"You know, the best thing ever. It's not too late, join us. Little witchy over here could too. Then we can all be best friends forever,"

"Never," Sarah frowned, shaking her head.

"Yeah, no thanks," Lily replied.

"You could be so powerful if you joined us Lily, vampire poison and witch's blood mix well," Jesse smirked, Lily shuddered. He then turned to Sarah, "And you, you're making the biggest mistake of your life, well, what's left of it,"

"Isn't that cute?" Erica said, playing with Jesse's hair, "I think she still has a thing for you,"

Sarah scoffed, "I've got something for both of you, and it's made of wood and really sharp,"

Jesse chuckled, "Sarah, you've been replaced," he said, just before he made out with Erica.

"Oh! You two are still coming to the Dusk premiere, right? Bff's," Erica smiled menacingly whilst Sarah and Lily walked away, shaking their heads at what their friend had become.

The girls walked down the hallway and found Ethan and Benny sat by the lockers, holding Ethan's laptop and frowning.

"Hey," Sarah said.

"What did we miss?" Lily asked Benny as she sat down next to him.

"The absolute worst news yet," he replied, shaking his head.

Ethan sighed, "We have to go see Dusk three,"

--

After Ethan had explained that Jesse (AKA reverend Black) was planning to take 219 souls using the cubile animus at the Dusk premiere, Sarah had convinced the three to practice their fighting skills, since none of them were very good.
She ripped some stakes from a fence and watched Ethan and Benny as they attempted to throw them at a cardboard cut-out. They practiced shooting with nerf guns, whilst Lily practiced shooting using magic – mainly the purple bolts she had used at Jesse's party, as they turned out to be quite handy. Halfway through, they needed to get some holy water to fill up the water guns they had ready, so Benny and Lily went to get some from Whitechapel church.

As they walked there, Benny smirked at Lily, "So it's been three days, almost four, and I haven't flirted with anyone," he smiled.

"You've still got three days to go, Benny," she replied, giggling. Benny just shook his head and chuckled.

--

"We'll be back soon, okay?" Ethan said as he, Benny, Sarah, and Lily walked towards the table where Jane was sat.

"If we don't get sucked dry," Benny remarked, to which Jane gasped,
"What?!" she said.

"Nothing!" Sarah said, looking to Lily for help.

"Yeah, he's just hoping he doesn't cry during the movie, because he's a wuss."

"Nice," Benny tried to act mad but failed as he grinned at Lily, "Anyway, uuh, see you grandma,"