thirty-seven

Lily and Benny walked hand in hand, next to Ethan, down the hallway; Lily couldn't help but giggle at the stares and laughs the boys were getting. Since the water had stopped working in most people's houses, they both had wet hair from their shower being cut short.

"This won't help our reputations," Benny muttered, as Rory approached them.

"Nice look guys," he laughed, causing Benny to glare at him.

Ethan rolled his eyes, "The shower cut out before we could rinse, the whole street lost water pressure,"

"You were both in the shower at the same time?" Rory answered, raising his eyebrows.

"Different showers Rory, different!" Ethan snapped.

"Well, actually, I was in the middle of this deep conditioning treatment," Benny shrugged, pointing to his hair, "People aren't just born with hair this thick and shiny, alright!"

"There's no one in this school that's got it worse than us," Ethan sighed, looking up at Benny.

"Actually, you haven't seen what Erica's been doing to the freshmen," Lily reasoned, "I'm gonna go check on them and see what Sarah's up to, see you later," she said, kissing Benny's cheek and walking away.

--

When Lily found Sarah, she was stood behind Erica watching some freshmen girls, who were dressed as babies and being shouted at by Erica.

"Hey Sarah," Lily greeted, "Hey Erica, nice jacket,"

"Nap time!" Erica yelled at the freshmen, before joining Lily and Sarah, "Thanks, picked it up last night at dinner," Sarah's eyes widened, whilst Erica scoffed, "Oh relax! I didn't drain her, you're such a square,"

"E-excuse me, your highness, can I please go to the bathroom?" stammered one of the freshmen.

"Sure, that's what the diaper's for," Erica replied, as if it was obvious.

"Of course, you can go," Sarah told her, she thanked her before running off.

"You could be a little easier on them," Lily chuckled, standing beside Erica and Sarah.

"Please," Erica said, rolling her eyes, "Our seniors did it to us and one day, these little noobs will abuse their freshmen, it's the circle of life," she shrugged.

"I just think you could be a little bit-" Lily was cut off by a loud farting sound coming from Sarah's direction.

Both the girls turned to Sarah, "Was that-"

Sarah immediately shushed them, "Yes! It was! I've been volunteering at the blood bank, it's like an all you can drink buffet,"

"What? How much did you drink?" Erica questioned.

"I don't know, like, six pints,"

Both Erica and Lily's eyes widened, "Six!? Sarah, anything more than a pint every few days can make you nauseous and-"

She was cut off by another farting sound, "O-M-G, this is so humiliating!" Sarah cried, running away from the girls.

--

"Ugh this looks impossible," Benny moaned, frowning at the noodles in a bowl in front of him, "I knew Home-Ec was a bad idea!"

"Calm yourself," Lily giggled, "We just need water,"

Benny sighed in relief, "It's a good thing you know the basics of cooking, so at least when we're married we won't starve," he chuckled, before his eyes widened at the realisation of what he'd said.