twenty-four

Lily strolled out of school and spotted Benny and Ethan sat on the grass, with gardening tools scattered around them.

"Hey guys," she greeted as she walked over, "I'm guessing this is your punishment for the ghost alarm thing?" she asked as Benny stood up and kissed her cheek.

Benny and Ethan had attempted to rewire the schools PA system to create a ghost alarm, but they got caught; they had tried to get Lily involved as well, but she knew it wouldn't work, so she refused.

Benny nodded, "Hey, Lil, can I ask you a question? Do girls have way more earwax than guys, is it a puberty thing?"

Lily giggled before saying, "That's definitely high up on the list of strangest questions you've asked me," she shook her head, "Why do you want to know?"

"There was this girl outside the principal's office, it was all really strange," Benny shrugged.

Lily's smile dropped a tiny bit at the mention of the girl, she tried to hide it, "Right, well, I'm sure it whatever it was, it nothing suspicious, I'll see you later, I've gotta get to class," she smiled before leaving.

Benny frowned, "Did I say something wrong?" he muttered to Ethan.

Ethan shrugged, he then furrowed his eyebrows, "Is it just me or are there a lot more weeds here than usual?"

"Maybe they only get pulled when someone gets punished,"

--

Lily sat next to Sarah as she hit the keys of her computer, "So, should I be worried? I mean I know I might be overreacting a tiny bit, it's not like he said she was pretty, but I know how Benny gets and-"

"Lily, stop rambling!" Sarah chuckled, "You don't have to worry about anything, it's clear he likes you!"

Lily sighed, "Yeah, you're right, I mean, just because he's my boyfriend that doesn't mean he's not allowed to talk to other girls,"

Sarah hit the keys on her laptop before saying, "Exactly! Although, Benny can get kinda flirty, but I'm sure he wouldn't do anything, or the girl wouldn't do anything with him,"

"That really helped," Lily muttered, sarcastically.

Sarah yelled in frustration and started hitting her computer as Ethan joined them, "Hey Sarah, Hey Lily," he sat down next to Sarah, "You know the buttons are on the front, right?" he said, as Sarah's laptop started beeping.

"Very funny, I think I have a virus!" Sarah sighed, placing the computer on her lap.

"Guys, I'm gonna head to my next class, see you later," Lily said, giving the pair a small wave before walking away from them.

--

"Hey Rory," Ethan said, as he and Benny saw Rory in the hallway, "What's up?"

"Erica and I totally like the same band!" he said, pointing to his t-shirt.

"Single tear? Aren't all their songs about how hard it is to be them?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah, they totally speak to me, their rich and famous, I'm a vampire, nobody gets us," Rory replied, nodding his head slightly.

"Nobody's ever 'got' you, I don't think liking the same band's gonna make much of a difference," Benny stated, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Ha! Maybe not right away, but like single tear says: 'there's no time like the future'" Rory sang. He then started to put his earphones in, but the two pulled his hand away as they saw some sort of weed growing out of them.

Ethan took the earphones and attempted to pull the weed out, "You know what's going on here,"

"Yeah, the music industry is finally fighting back illegal downloads," Benny remarked, whilst Ethan rolled his eyes.