twenty-five

Benny, Rory, and Ethan sat on the couch and stared intently at the TV. They were watching some show that had something to do with Doug Falconhawk, Lily didn't really take much notice of the name of it. She did remember them telling her about it during a phone call while she was away at the 'boarding school', though she hadn't really taken much notice then either.

Lily entered the room with a bowl of crisps and sat between Benny and Rory.

"I smelt it, but the spirit dealt it," Doug remarked from the TV, Lily chuckled as she realised that he was kind of a loser.

Benny and Ethan glared at Rory as he loudly chewed the crisps Lily had brought, "Rory, vampires don't even need food," Ethan remarked.

"You know I'm a stress eater," Rory said as he chewed. Benny and Lily rolled their eyes as they turned back to the TV.

"Rule number 8: Don't be afraid of scares,"

"Doug's fearless, he's a machine designed to like, delete fear from itself," Benny grinned at Rory and Lily.

"Yeah, it definitely seems that way," Lily muttered sarcastically, as her and Benny leaned back on the couch. He put his arm around her and she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Hey everybody we're live at this years 'day with Doug' winner, this super fan gets to spend a day with me, and go on a scare find in his own town,"

As Doug rang the doorbell to the house on the TV, Ethan's doorbell rang, "Ugh, come on!" he groaned, "Why do they have to bother us now?" the doorbell rang again, and Ethan left to get it.

"That kid must have a crazy luck bonus," Rory sighed.

"I automatically hate this jerk, he should be me and he isn't," Benny remarked, Lily rolled her eyes as the door on the TV opened to reveal Ethan, she giggled at his surprised face.

"Ethan! You'll never believe who won the contest!"

--

Doug looked around Ethan's room, as Benny, Ethan, and Rory stared at him in awe, Lily was sat on Ethan's bed, not taking much notice.

"I dig your decoration style Ethan," Doug said, standing next to a poster of him on Ethan's wall.

Benny started to pinch himself, thinking it was a dream, "Ow, ow, ow,"

Lily walked up to him and took his hand, causing him to stop pinching, "It's real, he's here, it's not a dream," she said, somewhat sarcastically, Benny sighed, looking at Doug.

"This is off several hooks," Rory said, starting to rise, Ethan quickly pulled him towards the floor, hoping Doug didn't notice.

"I can't believe what I'm seeing, there's an action figure of me!" Doug said, holding a doll with bright blonde hair, like his own.

"No, I made that out of other figures, see, you've got wolverines groin but, no-one has awesome hair like you do so I had to sculpt that by myself," Ethan said, beaming.

"I wouldn't call it awesome," Lily muttered, as Doug put his thumbs up to Ethan.

"Yeah! Now tiny Doug can kill a vampire," Doug smiled, as he continued to pick up Ethan's stuff.

Lily's eyes widened, "Wait, did he just say-" she stopped as she got pulled into a group huddle by Ethan.

"Okay, I know this is the most awesome thing to happen ever," Rory and Benny nodded in agreement, "but it is also a complete disaster,"

"What? Name five reasons why," Benny stated, his eyebrows furrowed.

Lily scoffed, "Uhh, Doug hunts paranormal stuff, Erica's a vampire, Rory's a vampire, Sarah's a vampire," she said, as Ethan counted on his fingers.