Chapter 4 - Heart to Heart

Hexina
I sat on my bed reading. The fact that I was more a slave than I guess in my own dimension means I cant leave my room unless I'm escorted by my husband or guards. Not guarding me of course, guarding Trix and keeping me prisoner. Then again, who follows rules? I jumped up off the bed and opened the window. I look down to see a building just across from our small mansion. I bet I could make that. Actually I know I can make it. Ive done it hundreds of times. 3.....2...."HEX!" Lynx yelled my nickname as he burst through my door and slammed it quickly. "Lynx whats wrong?" I asked as I starred at him. Swear covering his face and body and water soaking him and his clothes from head to toe. His eyes were filled with something. Worry? Shock? He ran to me and gripped my shoulders tightly. "Lynx whats...." I was cut of with a name I never thought id hear again. "Evanora" he said and my heart shattered to pieces once again. "What about her?" I asked stepping back, tears building in my eyes. "Shes...." the door suddenly burst open and magic struck Lynx in the back. He fell towards me and I caught him before he slammed into the floor. "She what! She what Lynx!" I tried calling to him but two guards grabbed his arms and dragged him away before useing magic to silence him. I tried running to him to try to do anything to figure out what he was going to tell me but Mason grabbed me quickly before I reached him. "Was he trynna hurt you My love?" He asked kissing me check but I punched him and tripped him over and went running to Lynx. "Lynx tell me!" I yelled and before I got the chance to enter Lynx's mind to figure out what was so urgent he had to tell me, Someone grabbed me and threw me backwards. I landed on my stomach, crashing down on to the coffee table. I grunted as Mason gripped my shoulder and spun me over. With glass now digging deep into my back, Mason straddled me and brought his hands to my throat, gripping my neck tightly and draining all oxygen from my lungs. I tried prying his hands off of my neck but he onky gripped tighter. "DO NOT EVER QUESTION ME AGAIN. YOU WILL OBEY EVERY ORDER, LISTEN TO EVERY COMMAND AND YOU WILL NEVER, EVER RAISE A FIST AND TRY TO DISGRACE ME AGAIN!" He yelled, flames of fury burning deep in his dark eyes. I saw so much of his fathers temper in him. His black magic. I closed my eyes, thinking that I was surely about to black out from  the lack of oxygen in my lungs. My head felt like it was going to explode, the pressure building as my brain got no oxygen. Finally he removed his hands and I gasped and coughed for air. I welcomed each breath, never in my life had I thought breathing was such a big deal. I knew every life was sacred, a gift  from our ancestors but air I never thought as a gift. I continued gasping for air as Lynx struggled to get to me. Mason snapped his fingers and the guards dragged Lynx away, with Mason following behind. I remained on the floor, welcoming each breath as I stared up at the plain white ceiling. I repeated my sisters name in my head. I had to find out what Lynx had to tell me.

Lynx
I struggled in the guards grip. Phillip and Syga were strong but I'm sure I could find my way out. My mouth still sealed with magic and information Hexina needed to know floating around in my head. Double doors opened with a creak and I was lead down an isle of a room that looked like a court room. Trix sat at the big table, obviously representing the judge, Jury and executioner. "Lynx Shadows. You have been accused of lying about a dead witch and plotting against your queen" she says as she removes the magoc sealing my lips shuts. "How do you plead?" She says and I spit at the floor, "a hell of alot prettier than you" the smartass in me replied which earned me a punch to the stomach, dropping me to my knees. Trix stood up from her chair and walked around to me. Dragging her long black nails across my lips she smiled down at me. "Such a pretty mouth should not be used to treat a queen so bad" she growled at me and I laughed, "your no queen. Hex is our queen, no matter who sits on a big chair" I tell her and she slaps me, "that little girl will never grow up enough. Her abilties are as weak as her. She never had the right to rule" she hissed back at me and I went to lunge up at her but was grabbed once more, "she was born with the right. You married into it and then stole it from Hex" I hissed back and she laughed, "oh Lynx" she said, her voice once again calm and collected, "dont you know that you should never lie" she says before kissing me deeply. I tried pulling away but she kept me close, cursing me to tell her the truth. She pulled away, a smile on her face. "Now....what is it you know?" She said and I growled, trying my best to fight the curse. It was a temporary curse but I didnt want her knowing anything. "Evanora.....is alive" my words forced out and caused everyone in the room to gasp and mutter amoungst themselves. "Where!" Trix yelled, nowing that with Evanora and Hex by each others side, even though young they could over power her with ease. "Springs ville" I growled and she growled back. "GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!" She yelled and I happily left. I have to find Hexina and tell her.

I ran through the halls to see Hexina in tears in her room. "Hexina, Evanora is...." "alive" she cut me off. "How did you know?" I asked. "I hid in the secret tunnels again" she told me and I smiled. "Well then why are you waiting here?" I asked her. "the nightmares.....shes really been suffering through all that her whole life.....shes gonna hate me" she says through tears. "Why dont you go prove yourself wrong" I tell her resting my hand on her shoulder.