Chapter 26 - The Wrong Arms

Hexina

The crisp heat of body warmth made me snuggle closer to them. I didn't want to wake up to reality just yet. The pain in my heart was too much to handle at once. With Lynx, Evanora and Mason... I feel like crap. I didn't want to be controlled anymore. I want to be free of the pain but I know that they will always stay with me. My bond with Eva will always be with me. Sighing inside I face reality and open my eyes. The first thing that I see chocolate brown eyes staring at me with affection. Whos eyes are they? They cant be Lynx's because they don't shine like blue oceans. The only person with brown eyes is...Mason! I jump up and crash into another body. "OW!" The squeaky small voice shouts out. I look behind me and see my sister, Evanora rubbing her head. Wide eyed I was going to say something but hand touches my shoulder. I turn to see Mason frowning. "Hex..." He starts but I growl at him. "You lied me in your lap!" I snapped at him. He doesn't flinch but I could see his eyes darken. He didn't say anything though. I look down and notice I'm in a small sweatshirt. How did I put this on? Who's is it anyway? I turn around and find Eva with no jacket on. Tears were streaming down her face. I wanted to comfort her but I was still angry. Lynx kissed her, my own sister. Speaking of Lynx I saw him on a log watching me but never coming close. He looked afraid, pale even. "Hexina?" My sisters voice rung, dragging the thoughts away. "What?" Harsher than I meant to say. But who was I kidding. My heart shattered because of her and Lynx.

"Are you feeling better?" She asks. I raise my brows. "Why the hell would you ask that? I'm feeling great." I snap. She looked a bit hurt and tried to hide it. Eva turned behind her and handed me a stick with some meat on it. "You should eat Hex." Came Masons voice. "Since when did you join the land of the Evalynx's?" I snapped at him. He looked confused. "The Evaynxed...what?" I rolled my eyes at him and motioned towards Lynx and Eva. "Those two love birds."

"Hex, please let me explain." Eva struggles for words. "What? Let you explain? Explain why you and Lynx kissed or why my own sister fell for him? No, I dont want to hear it." Evas eyes welled but she wipped them away. Before she could say another word Lynx speaks up. "Just leave it Eva." Evas eyes didn't seem glassy anymore. My scaredy, fragile sister snapped her head towards Lynx with fire in her eyes. "Lynx. What did i say about talking." Lynx froze, he was turning to stone. Before it could reach up to his neck, whatever Eva did, made it disappear and turn her eyes on me. "I'm sorry. I didn't know he kissed me. I didn't intend on falling for Lynx. If you want I can leave. Its no problem." She whispers.