Chapter 24 - He Noticed.

Hexina
Stupid family. Stupid friends. Stupid heart! I thought as I ran through the forest, the only sound was the thunder storm attached to my anger. Screw control. I didn't want control anymore. I stood by a lake. A beautiful big lake, the moonlight shining off of the cool water. "Hexina" a voice echoed in my head. Evanora. I tuned her out. I didnt want to hear it. Whatever excuse she and Lynx had thought of I didnt want to hear it. I stayed staring at the cool blue water, anger boiling my blood and causing the lightening storm to be as vicious as I am. "Ahh there you are" Masons cold voice echoes from behind me. I turned to face him, not a drop of fear came as my anger boiled. "You ran from me" he says and I shot fire at him, hitting him in his chest and burning his baby blue shirt. I heard him howl in pain as the flames burned his skin but I did not remove my magic. I let the flames burn through skin and muscle as his dark eyes turn back to their original colour. "HEXINA STOP ITS ME!" He yelled but I didn't want to stop. He hurt me just as much as Lynx. Lynx....his beautiful eyed....his intoxicating scent of the summer air....and his lips....warm and sweet....I was dragged from my thought of the boy who broke my heart as I collided with water. I lost my focus on my magic for so long that Mason had dives into the water with me along with him. I gasp when I was under the water, causing me to breath in and water to fill my lungs. I pull away from the boy trying to drown me. If I was going to die, it would be in raging flames and my mark somewhere on the world, not in a lake with the guy who I always knew would kill me in the end. I closed my eyes and realised I was going to die anyway. The cool water no longer surrounded me as I was placed on cool grass. I coughed and chocked on all the water leaving my lungs and exploding out of my mouth. Finally. Air. I looked up at Mason and started standing up and running away. "GET AWAY FROM ME!" I yelled and he tackled me to the ground. I tried punching him and pushing him off of me but he just pinned my down. "LET ME GO! GET OFF!" I screamed, "HEX LOOK AT ME ITS MASON!" He yelled and I continued to struggle, "IM NOT GONNA HURT YOU! JUST STOP I KNOW YOU'RE HURTING!" He yells back and I glare at him, "YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME! YOU NEVER TRIED TO!" I yell and I see pain flicker over his eyes, "I NOTICED EVERYTHING....From the way you only ever got out of the left side of the bed because your mum used to sleep on the right.....how you always had your hair down trying to hide your beautiful face....how you always counted your fingers quietly when you were nervous...how you twirl your hair and bite your lip when you're reading and in total suspense....how you always snuck out so you could try on the jewelry I bought you...even though you said you hated them and would never wear anything I gave you....how you poured your least favorite scotch just because the one you loved most was my favorite too....how you always....always.....mumbled and hiccupped in your sleep....and called out for someone to save you...." he says and I wanted to break into tears. How did the guy who hated me...tore me apart and broke me down....know and notice the most about me? "....you....noticed me..."I said tears sliding down my face. He smiled and brushed a bit if my wet hair out of my face. "From the minute I saw you....I noticed you....I noticed the fake smile....the cutest giggle I've ever heard....the fire in your eyes...god did I love that fire" he says and smiles down at me. He stood up and pulled me up and into a hug. I could feel the abs underneath the shirt clinging to his body, his scent a mix of leaves and the fresh water we were just in. I burst into tears and he stroked my hair, soothing me with sweet words. I didn't realise I began drifting off to sleep as Mason picked me up and started carrying me back the way I was running. I closed my eyes and was out in an instant.

Mason
She was so quiet as she slept in my arms, mumbling in her sleep just as I had said. As much as she was mad and upset, she needs her sister and her best friend. I noticed that the skies had cleared up and the night was no longer clouded by storms clouds and lightening. I looked down at her beautiful face. She looked so peaceful and sweet as she lay sleeping in my arms as I walked back towards her friend and sister. Lynx I swear to god if I find out that he hurt her I'm gonna rip his head off. No one hurts my princess, whether I like the fact that she loves him or not, I'll do anything to make her happy. She whimpered in her sleep and I hugged her closer, assuring her that she is okay. She clung to my shirt as if her life depended on it. I heard crying and Lynx voice soothing a crying girl. Eva and Lynx. I walked towards a cave and find them huddled by a fire.