Chapter 8 - Clearly a Cat person

Hexina
My baby sister. She really is alive. I know its her. Just by her eyes. And I can feel it. Our bond. I bet she can feel it too. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY CAT!" She yelled and all hope faded away. Even still, I couldn't help but smile.

"ANSWER ME OR I'LL.... I'LL..." she says and I sigh, "or you'll what Evanora. Kill me? Hurt me?" I ask and she seems to get a little upset before her eyes light up with mischief. "I'm a freak. I can hurt you" she says and I smile a little. "A freak like this?" I asks and shift back into my cat form.

She jumped back totally shocked and offered her a small smile. My black fur glistening off the moonlight made it difficult for her to see my colours so I stepped into the darkness. She gasped and I grabbed the clothes and shifted back into a human.

"What the hell are you! " she yelled and I smiled. "I'm a freak" I said and I hear a car pull up. Shit. I'm too late.

"You have to come with me Eva." I said and grabbed her wrist but she pulled away. "I'm not going anywhere with you!" she yelled and I growled. "We dont have time for this. We have to go" I said and she sighs. "Its just my mum relax" she says and I sense their magic get closer. She'll lead them right to her. "Eva now!" I yelled as the front door opened. "EVANORA I'M HO...." A gut wrenching scream pierced the house before it fell into absolute silence. We only had one choice. Run.

Theres no way I can fight them all off. "MUM!" She yelled and went to run out but I sealed the door with magic. "LET ME OUT!" She growled at me and a swopping came from the window.

I turned to see Lynx. He must have been in his Phoenix form thanks to my special little birthday present for him. "Whats taking so long?" He asked and a knock was on the bedroom door. "Eva. Whats going on?" The girls voice called through. It sounded exactly like the woman. "Mum mum! Get me out!" She yelled and fear ran through me.

Lynx rans over and covers her mouth. Her eyes light up. As if she knows him. It's then that I notice something weird. She was wearing his jacket. Ahhhh yes. I remember now. "We have to go okay" he whispers to her and a crunch on the door makes us all jump. "HEXINA YOU BETTER LET US IN!" Masons familiar voice calls through the door. Oh god. "MOVE NOW!" I yelled and Lynx pushes Evanora out the window. The door snaps open just as I'm about to jump through the window. "NOT A CHANCE!" Mason yells as he grabs my hair and yanks me backwards towards him. "HEX!" Lynx yells and goes to run for me. "NO! GET HER OUT OF HERE! GO!" I yell and I see hesitation cross his face. Two warlocks leave Mason and go to follow after them. I quickly lock the entire house up before the two can get out. It'll give my sister a head start.

"WHAT WERE YOU....UGH!" Mason didnt get to finish his sentence cause I brought my elbow up and smacked him in the face. He staggered back which gave me the chance to shift onto a cat and jumped out the window quickly.

Mason sends a spell flying my way and its hits me, sending me staggering forward. "I'LL FIND YOU NOW!" Mason yells and I ignore him and keep running.

I got out of sight but when I tried to shift back, I couldnt. Dammit. He must have locked me like this. It'll wear off. Just takes a day or two.

I kept running off, trying to follow the scent of my sister. I wont lose her again.