Chapter 25 - Trust goes both ways

Evanora

I curled myself to my chest crying while Lynx tries to sooth my crying. I couldn't help it. I didn't know where Hexina was and I was scared. I was shivering in the forest until Lynx found me and carried me back to the cave and warm fire. But the waterworks wouldn't stop. The pain wouldn't go away. "Shh its okay." Lynx says in a soft voice. I ignored him and kept crying. "Oh Eva, please stop crying. Its all going to be okay." I looked up and glared at him with glassy eyes. "No. You have no idea what I'm feeling right now. I hope someday you will regret the pain you've cause." I stood up and sat away from him: not too far from the fire. I curled up again and stared into the fire. Ash burns. And I feel like the ash. Burning till I'm nothing. "Eva..." Lynx started but a rustling and a few twigs snapping made him jump up to try and protect me. I stood as well but seeing what was in front of me ceased my pain. Mason carried Hexina closer and I could see Hex sleeping in his arms. "She's asleep." I didn't know whether to be afraid of Mason but he seems to have the look of caring for Hex. Ill let him but just this once. Lynx starts to go for Hex but me and Mason growl at him. Lynx stares wide eyed at me. I shook my head and turned my worry gaze back to Hex. I touch her cheek and caress it. "She's cold." I said and looked up at Mason. He nods his head, "She was in the lake." I frown at Hex's sleeping form. Oh Hex.
"Come on. Put her near the fire." I said and he followed behind me towards the fire. Once Mason put Hex down he didn't let her go. I didn't mind. Lynx wasn't touching her. Never again.

The sweater I had on I gave it to Hex. I hope she wont get sick. "Eva don't. You'll get..." "Shut up Lynx." I cut him right off. "Eva..." I stand up and cut him off with my hand glowing. Vines snap out of no where and close around Lynx neck and mouth. "I said shut up. Don't make me kill you. You have your uses so shut up." I removed my hand and the vines fell away. I felt really tired and drained so I sat back down next to Hex. It was silent until Mason spoke. "How'd you do it?" I shrugged. "I dont know and don't care. I just want my sister back." I muttered with bitterness. I closed my eyes for a second and I found myself looking through Hexinas eyes. She dreaming.

I watch through her eyes as Hex runs away from the lake...

I open my eyes with a gasp. Hex was shaking and squirming in Masons grip. I didnt know what to do. I've never comforted someone before. But it seemed as though Mason was doing the job right in comforting her. She suddenly relaxes a tiny bit but fists his shirts in her hands. Shes like a baby, clinging to hope and love. I sighed and lied next to her and took her hand in mine.

Hexina...

She's ignoring me. But I try again.

Hex. I'm here.

Nothing. I sigh again and close my eyes. "Don't kill each other." I say before drifting off to sleep. Hex..