Chapter 19 - Dormant

Evanora

I woke and found Lynx staring at me with soft eyes. I smiled a little but I still felt weak. Whatever trix did to me It feels like I'm dead or something. "Are you hungry?" He asks softly. Food. That would be great. I slowly nod my head and try to sit up but fail. "Hey slow it down. Your weak." Lynx sits me up in his lap and reaches somewhere near him. "They brought food. I made sure to save some." I smiled weakly again. "Thanks..." I whispered. He picked up the stale looking bread and broke it in half. Something cluttered out. It was glowing. "Lynx...thats the amulet." I said without training away my gaze. Lynx picked it up and looked at it more closely. A burning sensation in my chest made me whince. What the hell!!?? He moved the amulet closer to me, and the amulet glowed brighter. I gasped when the burning sensation heightened. Lynx automatically moved it away. It still hurt but I felt so much weaker than before. "We need to give you back your powers." Yeah, somehow I thought to myself. I closed my eyes and breathed in and out. "Lynx..." I reached for him but I face planted the floor. Lynx grabbed me and held me closer to him. "Don't sleep okay. I'm gonna find a way to give you your powers back." I nod and try to stay awake. The amulet still glows and I reach for it. I was warm in my hands once I had a hold of it. it was snatched out of my hands and Lynx smashed it. "LYNX." I yelled whispered at him. I was gonna say more but I gasped when the pain in my chest increased at the max. "Mother fucker." I whispered under my breath. Now that's a pain you never want to go through again. The pain calmed down and I felt like I had been energized. I was feeling a lot better.

Oh Hexina, I miss you. I thought to her. I do miss her. I'm hoping she is okay though. With Mason and all. "Eva?" I look up and smile at him. A real smile. One that hasn't been seen since I was a baby. I think.

"I'm good. I really am." I smirk and jump up so I'm hugging him. "You genius." I mutter in his ear. I pull away and stare at my hands than to the cell door. Lynx looked at me and the door than back at me with a smirk. He knows what I'm thinking. "I need to teach you." he says with a frown forming his eyebrows. I grunt. "How? Its not like the powers are suddenly gonna pop up and shoot magic. I don't even know what magic I have." Hex turns into a cat and has some other ability but me? Things blow up when I'm mad. Does that count? My stomach growled. Lynx bursts out laughing. I pout and grab the stale bread and shove it in my mouth. Yes its disgusting but its food. I glare at him who in fact is still laughing. The metal cup of water blowed up. Me and Lynx stared wide eyes at it until I balled over laughing. I lied on my back and touched my lips. It feels like I've been kissed. It was probably a dream. It was a really good kiss. Nahh definitely just a dream.