Chapter 5 - The Black Cat

Evanora

I pick the dirty washing up from the floor. Why can't John and Linda do their own washing? Its ridiculous. Sometimes I think they just want to avoid me. Shaking my head I dumbed the clothes into the machine and walked up stairs to the family room. When I got in my phone buzzed on couch. I walked over to it. It was a message from Darren.

Yo, freak. Do you have rope? If so go hang yourself!

The tears appeared again. Its not that I care what he says to me or anything but when someone tells you to kill yourself when thats something you think everyday you get up, it proves people wouldn't care. Not that I think people would anyway. My phone suddenly buzzed again. It was from Cailyn.

Hey Freak. I wanna invite you to my party. You can be the piñata considering it would be an easy way for you to neck and entertain all of us.

I burst into tears and threw my phone at the wall, shattering it to pieces. I ran to my room and flop onto the bed, tears drowning pillow. I cant do this anymore. I grabbed a piece of paper from my draw. Ignoring my many drawings of random symbols and nature, I grabbed some lined paper and a pen and began writing.

To "mum and dad"
I would say I'm sorry for whats about to happen but I'm not. I see the way you look at me. Pity filled eyes. Sad smile. I'm sick of it. Not to mention the fact that death is easier than breathing now days.

I lay the note beside my bed just before I go to the bathroom and dig around in the cupboard for my dads pills. I find the strongest of pills and go back to my room. I sit on my bed and pop the top open as tears begin streaming down my face. I grab a pill and I bring it to my mouth. I'm about to place it past my lips but a scratching stopped me. I look over to the window to see a black cat with a purple streak over the front scratching at my window. I put the pills on my draws and walks over to the window.

As I open the window to shoo off the cat it meows and jumps into my room. "Get out!" I yelled at it. If I could read cats, I say it looked like it wanted to say something. I go to pick up the cat but it jumps out of my grip. What a jumpy cat, I thought. I stopped for a minute to look at the cat. It was cute. The fur a mix of blacks and purples. The eyes silver with the slit of a cat eye and its size. It wasn't a kitten size or either a adult cat size. It was the perfect size. I smiled a little than realised where the cat had gone. Near my pills. With its silver eyes, they connected with mine as the cat kicked off the pills. I tore my eyes away from the cat and watched the pills fall and break from the height, with wide eyes.

It kicked off the pills. It kicked them off. I slumped my shoulders and walked to the wall, banging my head onto it. Stupid cat. Death was the solution. To get rid of everyone. I'm sick of getting up in the morning feeling like shit then going to school to get more shit. I'm sick of it. And death was going to solve that. A soft fur circled my legs. I looked down to see the cat purring my ankles. I pushed it away. I hate that cat. But it didn't really do anything. It kinda saved my life. Sighing I kneeled eye level with it and patted its head. "Why are you here?" I asked softly. The cat rubbed its head into mine and walked to my bedroom door. I opened it for the cat as it trotted to the family room. The cat was going towards my smashed phone. I scoffed. "What do you want me to say cat? Its just stupid messages from bullies." I sat on the couch and watched the cat hiss. I couldn't say more because it jumped out of the window with a pounce. "The cat doesn't even like me." I mutter and lie back on the couch. What to do now?