Chapter 15 - Magic can kill

Evanora

I woke to the moon light in my eyes and body heat next to me. I opened my eyes and blinked slowly. Minutes past and I realised what was happening. I jumped up off the bed and stared wide eyed at Lynx. He...oh my magical index. I had nightmares last night and I remember calming down. Feeling confirmable. Oh man. I snuggled next to him last night. Hexina is so gonna be pissed. But...it was nice. I slowly crawled around on the bed and sat cross legged facing him. I touched his brown hair and smiled a little. I paused and looked down at my hand. What am I doing? I pulled away and lied back down. I watched him sleep. Yes it was sorta creepy but he looked so peaceful. Relaxed. I closed my eyes for a second and I felt two muscly arms circle my waist and pull me towards him. I lay there still for a moment then relax. Lynx was warm. I fell asleep again.

I woke a few hours later with the shower running. He must be in the shower. I sat up and rub my eyes. What now. I don't know where my sister is and I seriously don't know where I am. I could get lost just by walking outside. The door opened and Lynx walked out. I instantly looked away with a blush. "Hi..." I mutter. "Morning..." He says. I nod and go to the bathroom and wash my face. "Were going out today." Lynx called. I stopped washing my face. "Where?" I asked. He looked at me and I averted my gaze to the towel. "A way back." I shrugged and looked for some shoes. When the attack happened I didn't get time to put them on. I sighed. My sister is with him. Mason.

I pulled my jacket closer and found Lynx holding a pair of flats for me. "Put these on." I took them without looking at him and put them on. They fitted perfectly. "Thanks."
"Come on. Let's go." I nodded and followed him out of the room and inn. No one was here. The key in Lynx hand floated to the man we met yesterday and we walked out of the inn. I was still amazed at the wall though. That's pretty cool.

The town was the same busy place as I first got here yesterday. But Lynx was sure he wouldn't loose me in the crowd. I looked in the direction were a house lay in the middle of town. "Who's house is that?" I asked. Lynx replied without looking at me. "Your house." I raised a brow. "Can we go have a look?" I asked. This time he did look at me. "Why?" He asks with a frown. "Cause its my family home. I wanna see where I could of lived." I snap. I didn't mean to. But he really is getting on my nerves. He's been so snappy I can't help snap back. Lynx sighed. "Fine. Come on then." I smiled and walked off to the house. It was two story and it was made like a Victorian house. Its so pretty. I walked up to the front door and twisted the knob. A wave of dizziness flooded my mind.

"Leave Evanora out of this!" A women's voice. "Its too late." Another women.

"Eva!" I jumped and turned to Lynx looking a little worried. I waved a hand at him. "I'm fine." I stepped inside. But when I turned around something grabbed me. I screamed and squirmed but this guy had a tight grip. "Eva!" I looked to see Lynx banging on some bubble he was trapped in. "Hold her." A familiar voice came from the doorway. Mason. I grunt when the arms holding me tied my arms behind my back. But I couldn't tell what with. It wasn't rope or anything. "Continentia." Mason said with an outstretched hand. My whole body locked up and I couldn't move. I couldn't even talk. "Hello freak." He greeted me. I just glared at him. "Oh don't give me that look. It's the truth," I continued to glare at him. "Take Lynx to the cells. This one is coming to see mother." The guy behind me pushed me out the door. Where were we going?

We ended up walking to a large mansion. I wonder if Hexina is inside. The doors opened by themselves and I was pushed in. Lynx went the other way. Please be okay. Please. "This way." Mason said in front of us. I knew without looking at him he had a smirk on his face. Two double doors opened and a women with short blonds hair stood in the middle of what looked like a meeting room. She was glaring at me. Okay you wanna know my first impression of her? I think she's scary. And a bitch at that. "Thank you Mason." Mason took over with the guy holding me and Mason gripped my arms. "Evanora Onyx." She mutters. One of her pale hands clutched my chin and I looked into her dark brown, almost black eyes. She smirked at me. "I'm Trix." I wanted to roll my eyes. But I was kinda stuck. Trix pulled out a locket, amulet thing and it glowed near me. "This is gonna hurt. I can't have you staying here with your power in tacked." I felt like a needle was shoving into my chest. Then I couldn't breathe. I wanted to fall to the floor but Masons grip was too tight. The next wave of pain hit. And it was agony. What is happening?! A screamed echoed the room. My scream. "There's a good girl." Mason whispered in my ear. I slumped into Mason but kept gasping for air. It was like my lungs were closing up, making me die. Am I going to die? Black dots spotted my vision. And I couldn't help let them cover me up in darkness. It was my only escape.