Chapter 27 - Broken hearts, Shattered Minds

Evanora

Oh no, my sisters gonna tell me to get lost. My heart shattered at the thought. I could already feel her wanting to turn back time and leave me to swallow all those pills. I was about to burst into tears from pure emotions leaking out of me. I tried so hard to be the little sister I really did. But now, it seems pretty useless. I closed my eyes and tried not to let Hex see me holding back the tears. "Your stupid, you know that." A warm like cotton was wrapped around my shoulders. I looked up and found Hex frowning. I was confused. Isn't she mad? Why hasn't she told to get lost? "Your gonna get sick. You should take better care of yourself Evanora." I sniffled and took the jacket closer to myself. I felt so small sitting next to Hex. But for some reason it felt right being small. "Why aren't you yelling at me?" My voice soft. "Mad? Yes. Pissed? No. I'm just a bit shocked. I knew that Lynx and I weren't going to work...but part of me wished it did. But its in the past. So tell me sister, why didn't you have your jacket on?" I looked away from her gaze. "I threw it away." I whispered. I could feel the questions increasing. "Why?" Is shrug. "It was Lynx's." Bitter rage. "So? I thought you liked that jumper." I pout my lips. "No I didn't." I dismissed. A nice, sweet feminine chuckle. I looked up and found Hexina laughing. I jumped into her arms, my arms circling her waist and burning my head into her. I sobbed, "Please don't leave me..." I cried harder. I didn't want her to leave me. Yes my sister left me for 16 years but she rescued me from hell. I love her for that. And she's my only family. "Shush. I wont ever leave you." I sobbed quieter and tightened my grip on my sister. I don't want to loose her. Never. A growl caused everyone to look up and me to stop crying. Mason was growling towards the forest. Wh-whats going on?" I asked looking between the three. They knew what was going on. I didn't. I was pulled suddenly pulled backwards into masculine arms. I looked back and found him protecting me from a dark figure moving towards us. Trix. She chuckled deeply. "Well, well. 4 little mice's trapped." I could be offended but mice are cute. So basically she's calling me cute. But she said trapped! My conscious yelled. True. And the evil glare she was giving didn't give away anything I thought sarcastically. "Mason, come." I looked over at Mason and he tensed. But something was off. Mason suddenly grinned and walked over to Trix. Great, one gone which leaves us with three. Trix turns her dark eyes on me. " I should of killed you when I took your powers. I still can." Evil bitch. "Hexina darling, come with me away from those peasants." Mason spoke to Hex. She raised a brow at him. "Excuse me? Who you calling darling?" I smiled at her sassiness. Mason growled and his cold hard gaze sent daggers. Hex tensed when their eyes connected. Then she was moving. "HEX." I yelled after her. Lynx's arms tightened on mine when I tried to get to her. Hex turned to me and Lynx when she stood beside Mason. She was grinning.
"What did you do to her!" I yelled. Lynx tried to shush me but right now, the girl standing next to Mason was not my sister. "Someone shut her up." Trix drawled. I growled and threw my the bit of magic that wasn't dormant at her. Trix the evil bitch just dodged them until one hit her in the stomach. I grinned at my satisfaction. "Capture them!" She bellowed. Now look what you've done.

"RUN." Lynx pushed me in the opposite direction but something stopped me...wait no someone. My sister stood in front of me with a smirk on her face. "Nah uh sister." I went to run the other way but Mason stood in the way. "Nope, not this way either." I looked to find Lynx down for the count. Great. I turned back to my sister with pleading eyes. "Please Hex. Don't make them do this to you." She rolls her eyes and watches as something hits me in the head making me fall to the ground. My eye lids felt heavy but I could back out now. Not when Hexina needs me. But it was too late. My eyes were closing the way to reality.