Chapter 13 - New World

Evanora

My body froze when his warm body crowed mine in a ball. I didn't know what to do or say. No one, not even my foster parents hugged me this way. "Ah Lynx? What are you doing?" I asked him. His tight grip hardened before he stepped away but he was still a breath away from my face. I blushed and turned to the direction of this new place. A world I never knew existed. I jumped through a portal. But I had to do it. For my sister. Yes I was mad that she left me at the orphanage but we are blood. "Where are we?" I felt his warmth radiate off me. I shook out of my daze and concentrated on finding my sister. She's the main point right now. I don't care if I die trying. I cannot loose the one thing keeping me alive and the one saving me. And that's me saying that when I'm the youngest out of both of us. "Winnow Creek. My home. Your birth place Eva." My birth place. Where I suppose to live. But I was taken away from here, never seen again. I wonder what my life would of been like if I stayed and my birth parents were alive. I think I would of been happy. I wouldn't of been thinking of killing myself and waking to torment everyday. "Come on. We need to find somewhere to stay." I says and walks off with me trotting beside him. "Where are we going?" I rushed. God he walks fast. "The towns inn." Oh.

We walked a few miles and ended up facing a huge town full of a lot of people wondering around. Lynx took and intake of breath and walked towards the crowd. I sighed and ran after him. But I lost him in the crowd. There's too many people! A hand caught onto mine and I was dragged into a muscle chest. I looked up wide eyed and found Lynx's blue eyes on mine. I smiled weakly. "Thanks." I whispered and pulled away. His hand remained around my small pale hand. "Come on." He gave me an encouraging smile and pulled me through the crowd. I have to admit though, the town was pretty. Small cottages and building decorated with Christmas lights and bulbuls.

A small child sitting at the a brick wall was playing with a puppy. The puppy turned into a small boy. I jumped but Lynx's hand tightened on mine to comfort me. I smiled up at him and looked back at the wall he was staring at. The girl smiled up at Lynx and me. "Daddy is waiting for you." Her cute voice was joyful. "Thanks Fee." I was wide eyed when something weird. The brick wall moved to show a small pub looking place with a man at the counter smiling. "Hello. How can I help you today?" The man asked. Lynx and I walked in and i turned to watch the wall close back together. "Two rooms?" Lynx spoke. He sounded different. Harsher maybe. "I'm sorry sir but we only have one room left." My head snapped back and forth between the man and Lynx. They were glaring at each other. "That would be fine." Lynx growled and took the key in the mans hand.

Lynx unlocked the room with the key and I gaped. There was only one bed. And I was tired. Lynx growled and slammed the door shut. He seemed more moodier than usual. "Are you okay?" I asked him. He didn't turn towards me when he spoke, "I'm fine. You can take the bed, ill sleep on the floor." I didn't like that he voted on sleeping on the floor. "Its okay. I can sleep on the floor, its no biggie." He didn't reply straight away. "No you have the bed. Its late you should sleep." I nodded and walked to the bed. I slowly took my socked feet and curled up. I didn't speak to Lynx. He didnt either.

Lynx

I shouldn't take my anger out on Eva. It isn't fair to her. This isn't her fault. Younger or not I should protect Hex to. Maybe that's why I'm so angry. I took off for a shower and watched Eva crawl into bed and cuddle up to herself. I got undressed and made sure the water was really warm. I didn't want to be waiting for five minutes for the stupid water to heat up. I stepped into the warm water and allowed it to drag me away from the issues for a while.

Evanora's small little screams dragged me from the escape the shower offered me. What's her problem? I stepped out of the shower and got dressed in underwear and some jeans. I walked out, my wet hair still dripping water on my face. I slip around the doorframe to see Eva curled up, sweating and shaking. Nightmares. I hated them. I curled up beside her and held her close, trying to calm her thoughts. She relaxed against my chest, curling up against my warmth as she wrapped her leg over my waist and rested her left hand on my stomach and her head resting on my chest. It was kind of relaxing. peaceful. I began to drift off to sleep beside her. This was nice.