Chapter 9 - This is crazy

Evanora
The air stilled. My breath heavy with tiredness. I really didn't know what just happened. It makes my head spin. My mum is...dead. Oh god. This is absolutely crazy. The boy pulled me behind a building but kept his hand around mine. I stared at it for a moment before pulling away. I had no words to say. I looked down and realised I have his jacket. I said to him without turning to look at him, "...did you want your jacket back?" I asked softly, my breathing slowing down. "Oh. No. You can keep it." I nodded and turned my back to him. A black and purple at ran from the building. I gasped, " KITTY." I ran to the cat and hugged it to my chest. Okay yes my cat turned into a human, yes I am freaken scared but its too cute to stay mad at. Plus I feel a similarity between us. Don't ask me why because I'm not even sure. A light hand landed on my shoulder. I jumped but I found the boy standing there. I sighed in relief. "We gotta go. Follow me." I nodded and hugged the cat closer to me; not to tight to hurt it.

I followed the boy with the cat in my arms to a small house near the edge of the forest. It looked abandoned. But I followed him inside anyways. The house was the same size as my house... The house I won't come back too. I found a living room and ventured inside. A black leather couch sat beside a roaring fire. I stared at it without knowing anyone was watching me. I didn't want to talk because this is all madness. I couldn't believe it. Its like magic. "Evanora?" I slowly looked up into the boys deep blue eyes. "What?" Harsh and cold.
He frowned a bit. "Sorry." He said and sat opposite me. "Who are you people?" I asked without looking away from him. I kept a straight face while watching him. I couldn't break down now. I'm sick of crying. "I'm Lynx and that cat is Hexina Onyx. Your sister." My mouth was left hanging open. My sister. Sorry what? I started laughing. "That's...impossible!" I chuckled between laughs. I squealed when something nipped my thigh. The cat was glaring at me. That's not weird at all. "I'm a freak. I have this thing were I blow things up when I'm mad. Or I draw these weird symbols on my textbooks. I... No one would want me as their sister." I looked away from both the cat and Lynx. A slimy thing scrapped my cheek. The cat was licking me. I giggled a little. I pulled the cat down. Before I could say more Lynx cut in. "Eva, your not a freak. Your a witch." I raised my brows and gave a nervous chuckle. Maybe I'm underestimating my being a freak. He sounds more of a freak. Calling me a witch. That's ridiculous. "Evanora." Lynx warned. I jumped. "Sorry. But..." He put a hand up. "Your not a freak. You are special." I stood up making the cat jump onto the table beside us. I clenched my hands into fists. "Then tell me Lynx. Why didn't my family keep me! Why did they leave me in this hell hole!" I yelled at him. I looked back into his eyes. I could see the pity. The pity that my foster parents wore. Thinking I wouldn't notice. "They were..." Lynx was cut off with the cat- Hexina- scratching and hissing at him. I slumped down on the couch and curled up. I feel so tired. I'm tired. I just want to go home. "Eva..." He started. I ignored him. Hexina jumped up and curled into my chest. I allowed her to sleep next to me. "Go away Lynx." I said before drifting off.